P3 Pro & iPad Air 2 Cellular Neckstrap or No?

Reaction score
I actually don't find the radio controller and my Air 2 atop, all that heavy, and often forget about using my Neckstrap all together. Don't really need a poll, it's yay or nay?
Do you pilots mostly-always wear a neck strap/harness system, or seldom, & just hold it in both hands?

I can easily fly four batteries without much of a cooling down break... But sometimes change locations after one or two battery packs.

RedHotPoker

Yay. Just because it frees my hand(s) to do whatever, if I need to.

You must have a sore neck... Hahaha
Some day we will have to get you to open up and say a few words. ;-)

You never forgot you were wearing it, and it got banged around, hanging there.

RedHotPoker

This is the one I got from Walmart.com

198ae79a5c7195df48bf46faefe653fc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: fastsmiles
I use it more than not, but more as an extra precaution, I can be a clutz. ;) I don't feel like it's too heavy

I use a strap mainly so I can hand catch the aircraft. Never have landed on ground yet.

Last edited:
Yay.
Dropping the controller is bad form. Points will be deducted from your final score.
Plus hand catching.
Precisely, but no Governor Generals Award for bravery... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Yay. Buy a good one, you will enjoy.

Both of my Spektrum radios have their own neck strap. I also have this basic @dji blue one, but often leave it in the Phantom case.
image.jpeg

I may look into a Black Rapid model, and use it for my D800 as well.

RedHotPoker

I have the one that comes with the inspire but I think it's unnecessary and doesn't work that great. The RC still flops around. Only time I use it is when I let other people fly my birds and don't trust them to not drop it haha

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have never used one and I don't expect that I ever will.

From day 1, I removed the device clamp from the RC as it was causing some cracking with other pilots. I purchased a metal clamping system from Square Jellyfish, screwed it onto a mini tripod that I already had, bought a 10 ft. lightning cable for my ipad air 2 and now everyone can see. I use the neck strap if I feel the need to hand grab my P3P during windy conditions.
square jellyfish.JPG

I find the centre of gravity is miss placed and the iPad makes it fall away from me. I tried with my iPhone and still have the same issues.

I use a double strap shoulder harness along with a transmitter tray with palm rests. Overkill? Maybe... I own two Tarot Transmitter Tray's and love them. No body complains about a good office chair or there Lazy boy recliner.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez