P3 owners - 500m max height ?

If you mean you top out at 500 feet, yes - you can set it to go to 500 metres.
If you meant 500 metres, that's it.
Yep, 500 meters is hard wired into the flight firmware. And that is relative to the takeoff or Home position, not the current height agl.

From home/launch point is all the phantom has to go on. Height is guaged by a barometer with zero set on launch.

If you are gonna hack the altitude you had better hack the max vert descent speed too although I doubt you can come down much faster than 4-5 meters per second without losing control. At 500 meters AGL you take almost 3 minutes to descend at max speed. It's all fun and games at high altitude until you get 'Compass Error/Atti Mode' warnings or worse yet the 'Red Bars of Doom' on your battery details page. The winds aloft 1500 feet up will make your bird eat a lot of juice trying to hold position. I wonder what terminal velocity is for the P3...

If you are gonna hack the altitude you had better hack the max vert descent speed too although I doubt you can come down much faster than 4-5 meters per second without losing control. At 500 meters AGL you take almost 3 minutes to descend at max speed. It's all fun and games at high altitude until you get 'Compass Error/Atti Mode' warnings or worse yet the 'Red Bars of Doom' on your battery details page. The winds aloft 1500 feet up will make your bird eat a lot of juice trying to hold position. I wonder what terminal velocity is for the P3...
Terminal velocity Hmmm! Since they don't autorotate like a helicopter, pretty sure it would be catostrophically fatal!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik