P3 now has new motors, Panasonic SD Card, what else??

DJI always used some minor changes during a model line and i would have my doubts that anybody here will feel a difference with those motors, thats definately not an essential update. I would be more pissed when they would now offer the remote with HDMi out. I still have a Phantom2 with the 920kv motors and those are perfect and lets be honest here, this P2 works great and i even like it more than the P3 with active braking etc.. This is a flying tripod, not a race copter. DJI never did essential upgrades to a certain Phantom model. Here and there some minor changes and thats it. Like a shielded compass, different motors or a new gimbal wheel etc.. You will all use this thing for a year and switch to the Phantom4 anyway.
Not all....I aspire to an Inspire 1 or 2 depending....

I asked my local dealer (in Australia) today if they had updated version in stock, they had no idea what I was talking about? Has anyone else recently bought a phantom 3 pro in Australia and got the new motors?
I picked up a P3P 10 days ago from "outside Sydney" from the pix on here...old motors. Alleged to have been new stock in...but from where I don't know.

Drones etc is still sending out the old motors, buddy just got his 2 days ago.

maybe I'll wait a few more weeks before upgrading, I'm thinking the Australian distributor still only has the older stock.

Just got my replacement from Amazon today and it was the old motors. Ritz camera was the seller and Amazon fullfilled. It's going back. I'll try the Amazon seller/Amazon fullfilled listing. Only thing that sucks is they charge tax and Ritz doesn't

Just got my replacement from Amazon today and it was the old motors. Ritz camera was the seller and Amazon fullfilled. It's going back. I'll try the Amazon seller/Amazon fullfilled listing. Only thing that sucks is they charge tax and Ritz doesn't

I'm really not understanding why. The new motors could just be logistically easier for DJI to make/source/whatever. What makes them better?

Who says the new motors are better?

I'm really not understanding why. The new motors could just be logistically easier for DJI to make/source/whatever. What makes them better?

I'm spending a bunch of money and if I have the opportunity to get the most recent, efficient (even if it's minor) thing possible than why not?

FEATURES
DJI E305 2312E Motor 800 Kv CCW

The DJI E305 2312E Motor CCW are a 800 Kv motor which have the latest technology in stator winding structure for improved efficiency. This technology increases the wire embedding in between the stator arms; this allows any heat build-up in the motor to be dissipated much quicker. The other advantage to the E305 2312E motor’s single wire design is the increase in efficiency, the lay out of the single wire winding means that the 2312E motors are able to work at higher Amp draws without seeing any increase in heat.

The E305 2312E motor also has seen a 7% output improvement over the 2312 motors when used on the same battery (3s LiPo). The improvements seen on the 2312E come from the optimized electro-magnetic system which lowers cogging torque, this provides noticeably smoother performance at low RPM's.

The E305 2312E motors continue with impact resistant bearings fitted as standard, these motors are the most durable and efficient motors to come from the team at DJI. The electromagnetic insulation coating on the 2312E motors has been designed to work in harmony with the DJI flight controller range for improved flight performance.

Last edited:
Anyone else have these new motors with any comparison to the old motor? I ordered a P3 from Amazon and it came with the old motors.

Maybe they redesigned the motors to prevent the cracks on the P3P shell that have been affecting so many people in the last few weeks?

A friend from work just got a P3A from Amazon and it did not come with the newer motors.
I have no idea if it was sold by an Amazon reseller or Amazon itself.

I have both 3 months ago version and the the latest and cant tell you I notice a difference in either. Some of you really are just new to the rc world and making to big a deal out of something minor. If it was a different flight controller I would understand.

Reactions: dporter177
Put in a smaller SD card (8Gb rather than 16Gb) it half the size, so half the weight so will give double the flight time.
I've done this and seen 46minute flight times.

Awww crap - so that explains why I only get 6 minutes of flight time with my shiny new big honking 64Gb SD card......

;):D

Reactions: Chris P Duck
I'm getting close to 28 min. On the new motors.......
about the same as me. i have had and flown both old and new in the same day on firmware 1.1.9 (same area) and the new one is a lot quieter when on tick over as well as more flight time. iam getting in the region of 4 mins more flight time.. just done the firmware to 1.4 so lets see how it performs now.

T
Maybe they redesigned the motors to prevent the cracks on the P3P shell that have been affecting so many people in the last few weeks?
Think you are correct.
They have redesigned the base of the motor to better match a redesigned shell to correct the cracking issue and at the same time probably blamed the motor manufacturer for the cracking problems and got a "cheaper price" on the New Motors!! And motor maker has had to down spec the newer motors to make a profit. They are possibly less powerful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1