P3 Lens cover removal issue

I had the same issue, no matter what I did it would not budge, Until................I put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Took it out and it turned easily

Had same sort of problems mentioned.
Saw the comment about the rubber shoe on the flat.
Took a piece of velcro, peeled back the plastic, carefully applied it to the face without any pressure, gave it a slight turn and bingo..
Guessing a small piece of semi-soft rubber held on the face would probably work fine.

I just removed mine. It didn't want to come off, but i just grabbed part of a thin power cord for something that was attached to my computer, wrapped it gently around the lens cap and put very slight pressure on it. Came right off. No big deal.
I had tried numerous times with my fingers - no go.
I replaced it with a ND4 for the next time I get to fly. Too cold and windy these days...

That did it for me, thanks for posting.

If you're at home or out flying your drone, you'll always have this tool with you to remove your camera lens cover to clean it or replace it with a filter.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Divot612
Hi folks,

I found this thread because I could not get the factory filter off my P3 4K. Everything was a fail until I tried latex (heavy cleaning) gloves. They worked like a champ. It was like there had never been a problem with it being stuck.

Thanks for all the good info!

"It ain't the meat, it's the motion." Hahaha
Where there's a will, theirs is a way? Hey...

Seems like we need a lens wrench too, in the master kit.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31