P3 HARD CASE - NEW DOME COATED or LAMINATED DECAL

Which Material Would You Rather Have

• Vinyl Decal ( least expensive )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I have seen several of you asking or wishing the hard case had another or the original prototype design for its decal, I am in that sort of business along with laser cutting and engraving, signs, banners etc. If one of you would like to trace the exact dimensions of the decal and send that to me I will design a replacement piece for the group here. Please feel free to post a photo of what you think the new decal should be as I am sure there will be a difference of opinions on this matter, the top few Ideas I will design and prototype for your approval. Once that is out of the way I will make them available for those that want them. There are 4 options (1) Flat Printed Decal (2) Flat Printed Decal with Lamination either gloss of matte (3) Printed Decal With Dome Coating Gel Applied... 3D look sorta the same as the automotive industry. (4) Laser Engraved Acrylic Material, usually 2 color material like Solid Black with White Lettering/logo but many other color combos available.
Anyway, just an idea to throw out there for you to think over, whoever scans/traces/gets the dimensions to me first and correct, well yours is totally custom for you and will cost you nothing. ( custom as in whatever within reason you want on yours, well its your baby, choose wisely :)
I have included a photo to better explain the options for you.
IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2526.JPG

the above is my home made decal - used optical glue to make 'laminate' - it was a nightmare ripping off the rubber third party 'made for phantom' rubber badge off. stuck like hell

dimensions

top edge 74mm
bottom edge 56mm
top diagonal 27mm
bottom diagonal 44mm

prefer original design DJI white letters black background - laminated

could also have gold letters on white

Last edited:
Mine should be here today but I wasn't thinking of altering logo (although I'm not a fan of logos on my apparel unless its free swag). So are you printing your new "decal" with a 3d printer? How were you planning on affixing it so it doesn't come off?

:)
I have seen several of you asking or wishing the hard case had another or the original prototype design for its decal, I am in that sort of business along with laser cutting and engraving, signs, banners etc. If one of you would like to trace the exact dimensions of the decal and send that to me I will design a replacement piece for the group here. Please feel free to post a photo of what you think the new decal should be as I am sure there will be a difference of opinions on this matter, the top few Ideas I will design and prototype for your approval. Once that is out of the way I will make them available for those that want them. There are 4 options (1) Flat Printed Decal (2) Flat Printed Decal with Lamination either gloss of matte (3) Printed Decal With Dome Coating Gel Applied... 3D look sorta the same as the automotive industry. (4) Laser Engraved Acrylic Material, usually 2 color material like Solid Black with White Lettering/logo but many other color combos available.
Anyway, just an idea to throw out there for you to think over, whoever scans/traces/gets the dimensions to me first and correct, well yours is totally custom for you and will cost you nothing. ( custom as in whatever within reason you want on yours, well its your baby, choose wisely :)
I have included a photo to better explain the options for you.View attachment 24158

Let's start with some paragraphs & you'll start making business sense

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20