P3 Flyaway Risk? Gimbal Resiliency?

Reaction score
I am at work and have not listened to the new product announcement. Is there anything in the new P3 that leads people to conclude the flyway risk will be lessened?

And an unrelated question - is the gimbal any more resilient to breaking than the P2?

I was about to buy the new Typhoon Q500+ to address these two concerns, now I am second-guessing.

To me it looks like the same gimbal as the V3. As far as flyaway, no idea but it does say improved GPS.

I am at work and have not listened to the new product announcement.

Is there anything in the new P3 that leads people to conclude the flyway risk will be lessened?

Not as long as humans are designing, building, and operating them. ;)

Reactions: rrmccabe
I am at work and have not listened to the new product announcement. Is there anything in the new P3 that leads people to conclude the flyway risk will be lessened?

And an unrelated question - is the gimbal any more resilient to breaking than the P2?

I was about to buy the new Typhoon Q500+ to address these two concerns, now I am second-guessing.

I had the same question about the gimbal. Eagerly awaiting first hand info.

What are the numbers looking like as far as Inspires flying away as well as dropping out of the sky as the result of no fault of the pilot?

I remember hearing it was the same gimbal. As for the GPS, maybe a better GPS unit, or one that can see both GPS and Glonass to make it somewhat redundant?

From an image in the Overview video (@0:50), I can see that while the gimbal is the same overall design, it looks like they increased the motor shaft diameter on the outrunner side. On the P2 gimbal, the shaft is much thinner on the outrunner side. On the P3, it looks like it may be the same diameter all the way across.

From an image in the Overview video (@0:50), I can see that while the gimbal is the same overall design, it looks like they increased the motor shaft diameter on the outrunner side. On the P2 gimbal, the shaft is much thinner on the outrunner side. On the P3, it looks like it may be the same diameter all the way across.

The eye of an expert is a wonderful thing....you are way more observant that I am!

But whhhhhhhyyyyyyy is the lightbridge still the same price £1000. And u can get the p3 for £1159 with light bridge

But whhhhhhhyyyyyyy is the lightbridge still the same price £1000. And u can get the p3 for £1159 with light bridge

If you had a $250 Light Bridge, would you buy a DJI bird?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic