Gimbal warnings at startup/GPS/Auto Focus

Reaction score
I just bought a P4P and am having a number of issues. I am new to the P4P but have had two Inspires, three P3P, and the Vision +. I have about 5k flights over several years and have generally been able to work through issues with these drones. Please chime in on any of them.

The first issue is seeing "Gimbal Yaw Reached End Point" and "Gimbal Pitch Reached Movement Limit" every time I turn on the drone. Is this what they all say during startup? I have done all the calibrations. Just wondering why it says that or if it's normal during startup. Image attached.

Second, getting a GPS signal is difficult. One of the huge advancements on the P3 over the P2 was the GPS signal. I could get one anywhere and fast. This is basically as bad as I remember the P2. I basically have to fly it in the air for a few minutes before it will lock. Any suggestions? Anybody had this problem? I figured it would be at least as solid as the P3.

Third, cannot figure out auto focus on this camera. DJI Support said to turn off auto focus assistant and just touched the part of the screen you want in focus. I want the whole frame in focus like with the P3. I have tried everything and get pretty inconsistent results with video and stills. The main question I have is if I just use the yellow circle option which is the exposure, without touching any portion of the screen, will the camera still focus?

Fourth, I have noticed if I take a picture, the gimbal will adjust the horizon some but it's not a helpful adjustment. It just seems to tilt a little one way or the other. Is that something built into the camera function or a problem anyone else has had?

I'm also not able to assign "Advanced Camera Functions" to one of the buttons. It worked initially but since simply does not work when I assign it to one of the buttons.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• Drone Screenshot.jpg
    Drone Screenshot.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 425
That looks like you need to send the drone back and get a new one. Not certain what to tell you. Bad start to a new expensive drone... good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I get those warnings all the time and nothing seems to be wrong with my drone.. There are so many crazy errors ie; wind, No Match GPS I just chalked it up to another crazy thing.

I've been getting issues like this on my P4P - but it also won't let me control the tilt on the camera. Upon boot up, the P4P stabilizes the gimbal and moves the camera up - and then the camera just stays up. The first three times I flew it, I had no issues. Now, no matter how many IMU calibrations or firmware downgrades and refreshes I do, there is no response from my RC to control the camera. Sounds like I just need to send mine back in like you did.. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers