P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Can anyone confirm the exact filename for the P3A 1.07 update? When I download from the dji website it says P3S_FW_V01.07.0060, I noticed the P3S after the update on the RC failed... thought maybe their links were messed up so I tried the P3X_FW_.... and it doesnt seem to be recognized at all

Can anyone confirm the exact filename for the P3A 1.07 update? When I download from the dji website it says P3S_FW_V01.07.0060, I noticed the P3S after the update on the RC failed... thought maybe their links were messed up so I tried the P3X_FW_.... and it doesnt seem to be recognized at all
P3S is for Advanced; P3X for Professional. Did you unzip the file after you downloaded it?

Now it doesn't seem to be trying to reinstall at all, the .txt file says it failed but then the next boot it seems to say it is the same version already on the card?

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Now it doesn't seem to be trying to reinstall at all, the .txt file says it failed but then the next boot it seems to say it is the same version already on the card?

Upgrading ...

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
This is after you formatted the SD card and put the bin in the root folder?

This is after you formatted the SD card and put the bin in the root folder?

When I originally tried to update I had just reformatted in exFAT and put the file in the root folder, after 15 or 20minutes the red light went solid and it was making pretty much a solid tone. So I shut it off, figuring i'd start over but the update never seemed to try and reinstall.

Now I turned on the drone, it connected to the RC fine but said the RC needed upgraded but not the drone, updated the RC and now it says ready to fly(I also have 5-6more satellites than I ever have while inside)

weird stuff

When I originally tried to update I had just reformatted in exFAT and put the file in the root folder, after 15 or 20minutes the red light went solid and it was making pretty much a solid tone. So I shut it off, figuring i'd start over but the update never seemed to try and reinstall.

Now I turned on the drone, it connected to the RC fine but said the RC needed upgraded but not the drone, updated the RC and now it says ready to fly(I also have 5-6more satellites than I ever have while inside)

weird stuff
So you are good now? Does DJI Go app report the latest FW versions for both aircraft and RC?

So you are good now? Does DJI Go app report the latest FW versions for both aircraft and RC?

Sorry about the volume in the picture screen shot lol.. It seems like everything did update, I've had 2 long successful flights with it so all seems good. Thanks for your quick reply and help last night!

My theory is I formatted the card wrong and somehow the drone was able to read it but not write it. So the only part that failed was putting the .txt file back on the card. Admittedly I didn't pay very good attention to details and can't remember if there was a .txt file on the card from the original 'failed' install or not so that's just a n00b theory lol.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    831 KB · Views: 432
Sorry about the volume in the picture screen shot lol.. It seems like everything did update, I've had 2 long successful flights with it so all seems good. Thanks for your quick reply and help last night!

My theory is I formatted the card wrong and somehow the drone was able to read it but not write it. So the only part that failed was putting the .txt file back on the card. Admittedly I didn't pay very good attention to details and can't remember if there was a .txt file on the card from the original 'failed' install or not so that's just a n00b theory lol.
Good to know and everything is up-to-date. Have fun flying [emoji106]

Reactions: Droner412

Upgrading ...

Here are my results...

I did try to do an update on my spare battery, and the front LED only blinked red for a brief moment and then turned solid green. I checked the TXT file and I had a success message on the initial update for the P3P, and the second battery TXT message stated that it aborted because I already had that firmware installed. So I really don't think there is a battery update, but I did what was necessary to update them anyway.

Here is my TXT file...
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin

There is no battery update on the latest version (1.07). Once the P3 and the RC are done - you're finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PanBzoch
Sorry if it's been covered, but has anyone used the 32ch hack with this firmware yet? Thinking of trying to do that for the first time.

Issue upgrading RC - updated p3 no problems. Went to update the RC and the update has been running for several hours.
Do I downgrade the firmware on the p3 and then redo the RC update?

I upgraded my P3P, app (on iPad mini2) and RC.

RC asked me to upgrade again...did get that!
Did an IMU calibration. Calibrated compass. Gusty day, phantom was jittery and not very keen to stay put. Responded weird to control input, like, I would slowly bank it left, then applied a bit of right stick but it kept drifting left. Aggressive inputs would respond accordingly.

Brought it down, rolled back to 1.6...still a bit jittery, still not going exactly where I pointed it and drifting sideways, still responding weirdly to control input, but less that with 1,7.

Tried going a couple of times between 1,6 and 1,7 and getting consistent results. Did a couple of IMU calibrations...

I'm not sure if it's the gusty wind messing my flight or the drone itself, but I've flown in harsh wind and it felt much more solid in the air and controllable...

Not sure what to do...1.7 gives me less confidence, 1.6 seems kinda ruined too, and it feels strange to me having the RC and APP up to date and not the drone...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart