P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Hi All, Don't know if I have been a bit hasty updating to 1-5-80 but have done, well updated the RC that is, there was 3 links, top link was the RC which I clicked on via nexus tablet through the dji go app, it downloaded fine took about 10-15mins, and when it said update successful then went to then click on the update aircraft link but nothing happened it just said update via the academy ? whats that, need now to update aircraft and I think the other was battery update, hope someone can help, cheers in anticipation

Hi All, Don't know if I have been a bit hasty updating to 1-5-80 but have done, well updated the RC that is, there was 3 links, top link was the RC which I clicked on via nexus tablet through the dji go app, it downloaded fine took about 10-15mins, and when it said update successful then went to then click on the update aircraft link but nothing happened it just said update via the academy ? whats that, need now to update aircraft and I think the other was battery update, hope someone can help, cheers in anticipation

You have to download the firmware from the DJI site that is specific to your Phantom. You need to format your SD card, transfer the firmware to it and then put it in the Phantom and switch the Phantom on and it will update itself. Leave the RC switched off. If you have more than one battery, you can update that as well once the P3 has installed the new firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have to download the firmware from the DJI site that is specific to your Phantom. You need to format your SD card, transfer the firmware to it and then put it in the Phantom and switch the Phantom on and it will update itself. Leave the RC switched off. If you have more than one battery, you can update that as well once the P3 has installed the new firmware.

Thanks for the reply marzipana, already formatted micro sd ready , so will go on the dji updating page for my p3p so i don't need to switch on rc ? ps I gave wrong information as it told me to update for camera also not the battery, thanks again.

Thanks for the reply marzipana, already formatted micro sd ready , so will go on the dji updating page for my p3p so i don't need to switch on rc ? ps I gave wrong information as it told me to update for camera also not the battery, thanks again.

Yes, make sure your RC is off when you update your Phantom, once finished you can power it off and let it cool down. Most folks here recommended doing a cold IMU calibration after upgrading the firmware, then an auto gimbal calibration. And make sure to calibrate the compass again before your next flight [emoji4]

just look at original speed vs current speed , forward as well as up and down.
NFZ did not exist the day we bought our phantoms for some of us...
its a big list....

so read a bit before assuming.....

take care
good luck and have fun flying!

Thank you, I get the drone on Tuesday and it feels like I'm waiting an eternity for this thing....

I respectfully disagree. I think an NFZ is a much needed thing. You can't drive your car freely on an airport runway, so why the heck should we be able to with a drone.

And the speed change.... Come on... You have so many factors at play when you're flying up in the sky. Main one being wind resistance or flying with the wind. I've seen people report flying up to 40mph speed with the wind and 25mph against the wind. I guess 65mph was reported way back when but... eh, 45mph is pretty fast.

And the rate of descent adjustment is added for a purpose. If your drone descended too fast it wouldn't be able to push enough air under the propellers and would slam into the ground and cause damage. I think it's called vortex ring state but another term was used. can't recall what that was. So, great.

Again, I understand my original comment was that if DJI would start putting limitations on the Drone people would stop purchasing so it would be stupid for them to do so. I don't really see these as limitation. The NFZ is definitely needed. And the speed thing, while it sucks is put in place to keep from damage.

Updated the RC, That went ok. Have been trying to update the P3P with no luck. I have been doing updates on my P3P for 8 months with no problems. I formatted the sd card, I've tried 2 other sd cards and nothing. Guess I'll wait till the next update and try it. :(

I respectfully disagree. I think an NFZ is a much needed thing. You can't drive your car freely on an airport runway, so why the heck should we be able to with a drone.

Because you simply might get permision to fly near airport or You ca even take part in some small aeroclub drone users meeting.

I just bought a new battery, DJI Go app says I must upgrade the battery firmware. My P3P has 1.5.30+, can I go to 1.7 and skip 1.6?
In the past, I tried skipping firmware versions, and it didn't work. Thru trial and error, I found that I had to install each version, one at a time. (Nowhere do they tell you that).
I don't know about 1.07

Thank you, I get the drone on Tuesday and it feels like I'm waiting an eternity for this thing....

And the speed change.... Come on... You have so many factors at play when you're flying up in the sky. Main one being wind resistance or flying with the wind. I've seen people report flying up to 40mph speed with the wind and 25mph against the wind. I guess 65mph was reported way back when but... eh, 45mph is pretty fast.

And the rate of descent adjustment is added for a purpose. If your drone descended too fast it wouldn't be able to push enough air under the propellers and would slam into the ground and cause damage. I think it's called vortex ring state but another term was used. can't recall what that was. So, great.

Again, I understand my original comment was that if DJI would start putting limitations on the Drone people would stop purchasing so it would be stupid for them to do so. I don't really see these as limitation. The NFZ is definitely needed. And the speed thing, while it sucks is put in place to keep from damage.

I was simply pointing out that that they have REDUCED or MODIFIED thing AFTER the fact.
I was not saying good or bad about the changes , just that they do make changes AFTER you own it without telling the user prior to changes.

You said they would not do that

I was only saying they do!
and those were the 2 simple quick examples....

take care

Have just done the updating (thanks marzipana) all well I hope RC = 1-5-70 to 1-5-80 (success) and now aircraft = VO1-07.0060 (success) not sure about camera but next flight will tell ? video a bit jittery using 4K perhaps the sd card ?

Please note that this is an international forum, so mph is not familiar to many members. I guess you meant 180mph/290kmh and 140mph/225kmh.....
And I must disagree a bit with your point here.
On one side NFZ's are justified indeed, much more in really near vicinity of airports, and pretty exaggerated at the point that at 1,5miles (2,41km) from A category (large intl) airport we are limited to 35 feet (10,6 meters) !!!!
A plane, be it a jet-liner or a small private 2-seater turboprop, at that height and distance (actually, at any hight below few hundred feet) is probably seconds from crash landing and/or disaster, so hitting a small drone on the way to disintegration wouldn't matter anyway..... Although investigators could get off the track as to what cased the incident if they found a 3-axis gimbal pieces inside the remains of pilot's scull....
For those newbies not clear with NFZ walkabouts, here is the visual
View attachment 47900
and the DJI explanation on Belgian YOU-TU ("youtu.be" - this is a joke, hope you dig it)

As regards to limitations in car industry, think in Europe we have the Autobahn (highway in German, and the name of it) which, in many sections, has no speed limitations. Only recommended speed. You can drive 200mph+ (320kmh+) if you wish, as long as you don't cause an accident or kill someone. If you do, you are f....ed. And funny thing is, there are less accidents there than in many other limited countries.
All other countries in Europe have limitations similar in variety to those in US, ranging from .... ahhh forget it, ....here is the link, check it.....
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/World_Speed_Limits.svg

The point of this? If I live in a country with highest speed limit of 80mph, and I am offered a choice of two cars, one with 80mph max limit, and the other with 130mph, guess which one will I buy....? Yeah, you guess right, the 130mph one. Before you judge me, think of the other guy that bought the 80mph model, a model citizen deprived of free thinking and will, getting pissed of one day by his mother-in-law, driving across the pedestrian crossing just next to the elementary school on busy Monday afternoon at hmm...70-80mph? I know why is what and what can, may or could happen. The other guy....well, maybe he does not.

You made a notion that a mustang buyer may not go over 100mph, but this may be mostly due to lack of driving skills, or feeling unsafe at higher speeds.
Do you believe anyone, literally anyone amongst Phantom users, feels the same fear - flying their bird - at heights a little bit above 35 feet?

The bottom line, where I think in long term limitations WILL affect the sales is the psychological factor of someone/something limiting you. Your freedom of choice
Which is the opposite of basic right of every living thing on this planet - and that is to be free.

Limitations are for primitive societies, but unfortunately, we had, have, and will have some stupid, irresponsible primitives flying at jet-liner approach heights, even more stupid putting videos on youtube etc, who started and are generating this misery for the rest of us....
PS Apologies for going a bit off topic and taking such a long spin....
Fully agree

Is there also a battery firmware update with this new version? I have updated my RC, and I am in the process of updating my aircraft. I just can't find anything about the batteries!!!

Thank you!

Agree

The Phantom 3 can lift can probably also lift around 1.5kg of something ?!!!! which may not be good near an aircraft. Though whether a drone on it's own could take a plan out on it's own is still debated.

Why would you want to fly near an airport. It only gives Drones (hate that word) a very very bad name. If you did needed to you would probably need to be a commercial pilot and then your into a different ball game.

Still don't get the Battery block thing though ( but cured by going back to GO 2.6 even with 1.7 firmware.

Have noticed that with 1.7 autolands seem to be a bit heavy

Is there also a battery firmware update with this new version? I have updated my RC, and I am in the process of updating my aircraft. I just can't find anything about the batteries!!!

Thank you!
Once your drone is updated, the batteries will be auto-updated when you install 'em.

I have all latest and all work Ok for me. Not sure if any secret pie is hidden.

On the other side many have reported serious issues during FW installations.

Does anyone know if you need to leave the bin file on the SD card for batteries to be updated, or does something get stored on the bird that will handle the task?
Just curious.

Loaded zero problems and did a quick test flight. No geofencing shenanigans that I can find.

Did require an update of my transmitter as well. I was on 1.6.

Love the new menus in the latest version of DJI go and some other small changes.

Does anyone know if you need to leave the bin file on the SD card for batteries to be updated, or does something get stored on the bird that will handle the task?
Just curious.
to update other batteries you got to leave it on the sd card, otherwise the battery is updated at the same time as the bird.

Reactions: UpTo90
I updated and have not seen any drawbacks, the menus are definitely cleaner and so far so good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl