P3 Firmware v1.7.0060

Batteries are not updated so once the Phantom is updated, you can remove/delete from the SD card.

So I can make a full format my microSD Card and put it totally clean??

Did someone had problem with update the RC? I need 3 or 4 times to make update success! Dont know why. But now on my DJI GO app writes that RC and Phantom update is the latest.

As I recall, RC has been updated via Go App for some time now. So the correct answer is no... this firmware does not update the RC.

I understand that You want to upgrade Phantom and not upgrade RC. My mistake, sorry.

I updated the craft. Updated the RC. I dont have any extra batteries. Do i have to somehow update the battery firmware separately? Or all is good?

Attachments

• 1458255944981.jpg
    1458255944981.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 449
The battery will simply update in the bird. The remote should tell you this and will not take off until it's done, and it does not take very long.

So when i entered SD card in the craft, it updated both battery and the craft?

Heard a rumor about the fact that Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro will NOT work with RC with the new firmware installed! I would love to have confirmation of this either way.

As of now I will not be installing the new firmware!

I use the Galaxy tab Pro 8.4 and did all current updates. All seems fine but have not put it in the air yet. Do you guys leave that 1.7 bin file on your sd card after the update or delete it?

Reactions: CFoxtrot
I updated the craft. Updated the RC. I dont have any extra batteries. Do i have to somehow update the battery firmware separately? Or all is good?

Is that always how your screen looks? I swear mine changed to what your looks like exactly. Was that with a firmware update or can you manually change the look somehow?

The battery will simply update in the bird. The remote should tell you this and will not take off until it's done, and it does not take very long.

If the battery needed to be updated (it does not in the case), the Phantom will still fly without the battery being updated. It's not a good idea to do this but you can fly.

If the battery needed to be updated (it does not in the case), the Phantom will still fly without the battery being updated. It's not a good idea to do this but you can fly.

I can't deny that this is true, but more than once in the past, I have tried to take off and got instead the message on the RC saying to wait because the battery was being updated. Thus, I could not fly until it was done with the update.

Perhaps there is a window in which you can launch before the update begins?

I use the Galaxy tab Pro 8.4 and did all current updates. All seems fine but have not put it in the air yet. Do you guys leave that 1.7 bin file on your sd card after the update or delete it?
Thanks for the info! Let us know if you run into any issues.

As far as the the bin file, I remove it once the updates are completed.

Hello again friends! I've been travelling quite a bit, doing still photo shoots in Alaska, and have been away from my P3P for more than 3 months.
Am I reading this right .... a new FW update that changed the CSC sequence?
How do I start my motors now? And I assume the left stick will bring her down as normal ....
Thanks for any help catching me up.

Hello again friends! I've been travelling quite a bit, doing still photo shoots in Alaska, and have been away from my P3P for more than 3 months.
Am I reading this right .... a new FW update that changed the CSC sequence?
How do I start my motors now? And I assume the left stick will bring her down as normal ....
Thanks for any help catching me up.
The old way of starting and stopping the motors stays the same. The new fw adds another way of stopping the motors by pulling the left stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button.

Reactions: bobomet
I can't deny that this is true, but more than once in the past, I have tried to take off and got instead the message on the RC saying to wait because the battery was being updated. Thus, I could not fly until it was done with the update.

Perhaps there is a window in which you can launch before the update begins?
Thats interesting. I have never seen or heard of a message saying to wait for the battery to update. How long ago did you see the message?

Thats interesting. I have never seen or heard of a message saying to wait for the battery to update. How long ago did you see the message?
Not all firmware updates involve the battery. This latest one is such an example.

It only said success. Nothing specific about the battery.
You can always see if a battery has been updated in your log_ab file. It lists each module and shows if it was updated or not. I dont have one near me now, but I think battery is #11. In this case there is no update for the battery, but you can still see that it was checked during the FW update process.

Note that this is a different txt file than you look at for the "success" indication.

Once you've done an update, look on your SD card in this path. Note that some of the folders may be hidden.

MISC/LOG/*****LOG_AB.txt

I always save mine for some pack rat related reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and t2adze

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart