P3 Controller Calibration-Left Stick Not Functioning

Reaction score
I am having issues with the left stick on my P3P controller. When I take off, it starts spinning 360° and the left stick does not function left to right. When I go into controller calibration, it shows that the left stick is being pushed all the way to the left when it is centered. When I click calibrate, it resets to 0%, but it doesn't register movement left-to-right for the left stick. Every other control works fine, including up and down on the left stick. I have had issues with the left stick (only left to right) ever since I got the drone in mid-December, but I've always been able to fix them by recalibrating the controller. I am prompted to recalibrate the controller every time I power it on, and I haven't had issues doing so until now. Every now and then the drone will start spinning mid-flight as well, sometimes just a little bit and sometimes more severely. So it seems that when I do successfully calibrate, it begins registering left movement when there is none before long. I am running the latest firmware, I am not aware of any other errors, and the drone says that no IMU calibration is needed. Any ideas for a fix or am I going to have to get it replaced?

I am having issues with the left stick on my P3P controller. When I take off, it starts spinning 360° and the left stick does not function left to right. When I go into controller calibration, it shows that the left stick is being pushed all the way to the left when it is centered. When I click calibrate, it resets to 0%, but it doesn't register movement left-to-right for the left stick. Every other control works fine, including up and down on the left stick. I have had issues with the left stick (only left to right) ever since I got the drone in mid-December, but I've always been able to fix them by recalibrating the controller. I am prompted to recalibrate the controller every time I power it on, and I haven't had issues doing so until now. Every now and then the drone will start spinning mid-flight as well, sometimes just a little bit and sometimes more severely. So it seems that when I do successfully calibrate, it begins registering left movement when there is none before long. I am running the latest firmware, I am not aware of any other errors, and the drone says that no IMU calibration is needed. Any ideas for a fix or am I going to have to get it replaced?
We have frequently seen people report that the RC plastic is very brittle and they have had the RTH button or the sticks break off internally. Perhaps the internal screws have broken off for your left stick and it is causing issues. Does the left stick feel as secure as the right stick?

Also, are you using the default mode for stick commands or have you switched to an alternate or custom mode?

Reactions: JoBe
We have frequently seen people report that the RC plastic is very brittle and they have had the RTH button or the sticks break off internally. Perhaps the internal screws have broken off for your left stick and it is causing issues. Does the left stick feel as secure as the right stick?

Also, are you using the default mode for stick commands or have you switched to an alternate or custom mode?
It feels very secure, just as much as the right stick, and functions properly when moved up or down. I am using the default stick command mode.

Has the RC been opened up - maybe to perform an antenna mod or other service?

I ask because attached to each stick gimbal, is a thin flat ribbon cable. If the unit has been opened up by you, installed incorrectly at factory, or maybe a previous owner; maybe the ribbon cable became dislodged and requires reseating. This process should be straight forward. But be careful during inspection. As others stated previously, the "B" version - the plastic is quite brittle so use caution.

As a test, if you have a buddy nearby with a similar model, try linking to their RC and see if the problem is resolved. If so, it's the controller and at which time, I'd recommend opening it up.

I've had a similar problem, but it was with my right stick. Check to see that the stick mounting has not broken off on the inside. There should not be any play in the stick... Meaning that there is up/down motion when you push the stick down or pull up on it. If that is the problem, it should be an easy fix. Epoxy the mounting in the case. For what its worth, the case seems to be weak or a little brittle. Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1