P3 battery - how long to cool down before you can charge?

Reaction score
I have not tried to experiment so I wanted to see if anyone has. How long does it normally take for the battery in the p3 to cool down before you can start charging it. I know how long it takes to charge but how long do I have to wait for it to cool before I can start to charge. It seems that someone with one battery might know how long they have been looking at their watch waiting to fly again.

Although................... I've cooled mine in as little as 8-10 minutes using the car A/C vent when out in the field.

One of the reasons I bought my P3 was the fast recharging times. Too bad the cooling down factor was not taken into account or mentioned. It doesn't sell well I guess :p

So because we are all so high here in the wonderful state of Colorado, in front of a fan, about 10 minutes brings the battery right down to room temperature and ready to charge.

One of the reasons I bought my P3 was the fast recharging times. Too bad the cooling down factor was not taken into account or mentioned. It doesn't sell well I guess :p

Probably charges a lot faster if the temperature is higher.

You are good with 8-10 minutes. You could confirm battery temperature by inserting the battery into the phantom and checking battery temperature as well. There is a high temperature safety that will prevent charging if temperatures are too high. It would be hard to go wrong really....though some of us will try :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic