P3 Batteries are imminent

Just got off the phone with DJI I ordered the extra battery and was wondering when it will be shipped. They said probably start shipping by the end of May-beginning of June.

Also don't do what I did. The batteries are $149. Free shipping starts at $150. Order prop guards or some stickers or something. Order a neck strap. Order something else that costs less than the stupid $20 shipping.

Also don't do what I did. The batteries are $149. Free shipping starts at $150. Order prop guards or some stickers or something. Order a neck strap. Order something else that costs less than the stupid $20 shipping.
How about more batteries? :eek:

I saw a short video about Lipo's.
Said to set them up right the first time, you should charge them full, use only about 50% of it, then charge full again.
Then you're set.
Any Lipo experts care to chime in.
Is this good advice.

Reactions: Advexure
I saw a short video about Lipo's.
Said to set them up right the first time, you should charge them full, use only about 50% of it, then charge full again.
Then you're set.
Any Lipo experts care to chime in.
Is this good advice.

I have been doing this for many years. Some say its not necessary but I strongly disagree.

Reactions: Advexure
I have been doing this for many years. Some say its not necessary but I strongly disagree.

Yes, this is something we've always done around here and highly recommend it to all customers. Would definitely say this conditions the battery well from the get go.

Been flying so much here in maui i have to air condition my battery to get it to charge. Lame

Attachments

• 20150515_130924.jpg
    20150515_130924.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 287
Reactions: Fplvert
Been flying so much here in maui i have to air condition my battery to get it to charge. Lame
Feel your pain, Julius.
image.jpg

However, you are in paradise.

I have a few questions about this:

1) Are you suggesting the "use only about 50% of it, then charge full again" process be done once? I've seen some people talking about doing that for the first 10 charges.

2) How exactly does this process help condition the battery?

3) Is this something specific to DJI smart batteries? Or, just good practice for Li-Po batteries in general?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31