P3 all cased up

Reaction score
Finally got a good case to put everything in and safe. I can't wait to actually get this P3s in the air, but still real busy working and waiting for a day I can devote to flying the P3. I now have all the gear, all set up, prop balanced and everything tucked in the case....I've done all I can do, now just need to get it airborne. I may even take one day off of work to do this!. Case isn't the expensive one, but it is pretty good, a lot better than the box and makes it all easy to transport. I'll invest in a better one if I get heavy into this drone hobby.
Drone_Case.jpg
IMG_20181202_191653[1].jpgDrone_Case.jpgIMG_20181202_191739[1].jpg

Some might not like that case.......But I've had mine for over a year and i find " not a thing about it that i don't like " and its lockable ....You can even put it in the case with the props on and have the drone more ready to fly at the field.... " How ever "I always do a pre flight and re check the "snugness" of all four props >> snug Not overly tight << ......Happy Flying and you are gonna be hooked like we all are.;) Oh....and have you got your name and phone number on the drone some where just in case something happens it better to do that now...then later after something takes place and YOU wished you did !

Some might not like that case..!

Why would that be?

It's not an expensive case(45 bucks off Ebay) and I was impressed by the quality and that it is actually built tough. It's not one of those 400 dollar, impact, bullett proof ones, but it is a good way to transport everything in a neat fashion that looks professional. Holds everything snug too. Good enough for now until I really get into the hobby, then possibly a better case when I get a more expensive drone.

Because what ever we LOVE and Enjoy........seems like theirs always a negative person that can run things down like some of the comments on products on Amazon.com that i have bought and Love !....i call them all "nit pickers".....For what we both paid for our Neat Strong very well made cases and lockable ...a $1800 drone would sure look nice in the less then $50.00 case....i only said that for the "nit pickers"... LOL ( as i typed in my post above "some might not like the case" ...... as i had one guy say when he seen my case.... " Id hate to be lugging that around "....I fine it very easy to carry around ;) )

I bought one of those cases and about the only problem I had was the rivets on the lid hinges pulled loose. I replaced them with a few screws and nuts and it is as good as new.
The best part is it stores the UAV with the blades on. I HATE taking the blades on and off. Now they stay on all of the time. I carry a total of 5 batteries in the case along with the controller, the bird and other accessories. Well worth the money.

Cellblock 776.......your rivets issue sounds like it was made right before the bell rang to go home and the last one of the day and it was Friday LOL.

Reactions: Cellblock776
Cellblock 776.......your rivets issue sounds like it was made right before the bell rang to go home and the last one of the day and it was Friday LOL.
Never buy a car which came off the assembly line on Friday afternoon.

Finally got a good case to put everything in and safe. I can't wait to actually get this P3s in the air, but still real busy working and waiting for a day I can devote to flying the P3. I now have all the gear, all set up, prop balanced and everything tucked in the case....I've done all I can do, now just need to get it airborne. I may even take one day off of work to do this!. Case isn't the expensive one, but it is pretty good, a lot better than the box and makes it all easy to transport. I'll invest in a better one if I get heavy into this drone hobby.View attachment 105931View attachment 105932View attachment 105931View attachment 105933
Mine came in a case just like that except the housing is aluminum. No problem!

Attachments

• DSCN1581.JPG
    DSCN1581.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 118
Finally got a good case to put everything in and safe. I can't wait to actually get this P3s in the air, but still real busy working and waiting for a day I can devote to flying the P3. I now have all the gear, all set up, prop balanced and everything tucked in the case....I've done all I can do, now just need to get it airborne. I may even take one day off of work to do this!. Case isn't the expensive one, but it is pretty good, a lot better than the box and makes it all easy to transport. I'll invest in a better one if I get heavy into this drone hobby.View attachment 105931View attachment 105932View attachment 105931View attachment 105933
I have a very similar case , I love it . The best part is that you can leave the props on . Makes transition to flight quite painless . I used to attach props at home and leave drone on car seat . Bad Idea but I could fly immediately if I found a spot .

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Finally got a good case to put everything in and safe. I can't wait to actually get this P3s in the air, but still real busy working and waiting for a day I can devote to flying the P3. I now have all the gear, all set up, prop balanced and everything tucked in the case....I've done all I can do, now just need to get it airborne. I may even take one day off of work to do this!. Case isn't the expensive one, but it is pretty good, a lot better than the box and makes it all easy to transport. I'll invest in a better one if I get heavy into this drone hobby.View attachment 105932View attachment 105931View attachment 105933

Nice looking Case for the price and I loved my P3S as a starter drone!!!
Just don't get disappointing if the range isn't very far in a "noisy" area (mine was only about 1,000Ft in areas with hundreds of WiFi around)...

I stepped up to a refurbished P3Pro (almost as cheap as Standard) because even after doing Antenna Mods I wasn't happy with my P3S range...
My P3P has incredible range (farther than advertised in quiet areas) but in the end I got a P4Pro V2 (because of it's camera and top speed is faster for tracking boats)...

I have a very similar case , I love it . The best part is that you can leave the props on . Makes transition to flight quite painless . I used to attach props at home and leave drone on car seat . Bad Idea but I could fly immediately if I found a spot .
I'm also not for keeping propellers on a drone. Before the start of each flight I have a kind of ritual of checking. At that moment I check my propellers. It prevents me from taking off 'in a rush' and thus overlook essential checking points.

I also don't like to go abroad in (small) plane with a running engine. I doubt if the pilot has performed all the checks. ;)

Reactions: KCadby
I have a different case than these, but it also allows me to store the bird with the propellers attached. From my research, it's my understanding that it's a bad idea to even store your drone with the propellers on because of the degradation of the spring tension while compressed/attached. I always remove (and check the integrity) of the propellers before I put it away. When I'm going to fly, I can re-check everything at home, and put it in the case with the propellers on, and be confident that it will fly ok. I feel better checking it out at home 1st, knowing that everything is right, rather than doing it in the field, when I may miss something because of distractions or otherwise. Of course I still do a pre-flight check when I'm ready to fly...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor