P2V+ v3 lift and frequencies

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I've been thinking about replacing it the vision camera on the p2v+ v3 to something with decent image quality, and I have a Canon g12 laying around so I figured I would try. The camera weights in at about 400 grams. I want to be able to trigger it remotely, so I was thinking of using some radio triggers at 140 grams. That takes us to 540 grams, with a cable and mount I'm guess I'll be at 600 grams. Would the v3 be able to lift this?

Also, the radio frequency of the remote shutter is 344.04 MHz, I'm no expert but I'm guessing this won't interfere with the phantom communication at 5.8ghz? I'll turn off wifi so there won't be anything on 2.4 GHz.

This set up would obviously be for photos only, as I can only imagine the jello without a gimbal. Any thoughts? Is it doable, or should I just set the camera to capture photos every x second and skip the transmitter?

Yes it should lift it no problem but have shorter flight times, the frequency should be fine.

You should include rubber mounts as even photos don't like vibration. Personally I would automatically capture pics but there's no harm including a remote trigger, as you could be certain you got the shot at the right time.

Reactions: manny
Yes it should lift it no problem but have shorter flight times, the frequency should be fine.

You should include rubber mounts as even photos don't like vibration. Personally I would automatically capture pics but there's no harm including a remote trigger, as you could be certain you got the shot at the right time.
Thanks a lot for your answer! I just got some polymorph plastic, so I'll try to make a mount and see how it goes. Hopefully I'll be able to get some decent quality photos from the air soon :)

To me the only problem with a different camera mod is not being able to see through the lense at the time I wanted to take the photo. With the remote trigger its kind of point ant shoot and hopefully you get the shot you want. I like the FPV for taking the shot. With the cannon G12 I don't think it has the option of the remote video right?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31