P2V v3.0 with iPad ground station? Confirm?- IS CONFIRMED!

Re: P2V v3.0 with iPad ground station? Confirm?- IS CONFIRME

zenith said:
wharfbanger said:
Thanks Zenith. I am going to wait another week to see if the Waypoints App materializes. BTW have you seen the universal dampened mount?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9796&p=122814#p122814

I have just bought one of these so my 140 gram Canon is dampened, balanced, and can point straight down (all in theory - yet to try it!). The supplier has a heavier duty version available for cameras up to 390g.

Cheers,
Mark
So far there isn't any straightforward way to transfer the waypoints from the PC GS to the Ipad GS. I connect both the PC GS and the Ipad GS at the same time. The WP will only show up in the ipad after I click "Go" on the PC GS. By then, the Phantom would be on it's way to perform the mission already. The PC app sometimes crashes or unable to connect, not sure if it's due to the ipad being connected also, but the ipad app has never crashed on me. I'm trying to use the phantom to trigger the camera automatically but need to look for some additional parts. It's now just automatically capturing pictures every 2-5 seconds.

I am not really fond of importing as the postage usually costs too much, have to deal with customs and will take a month at least on normal postage. I found a one of these and might try to mount it onto my phantom.
918braketwhitenonsharp.png
It weighs about 70 grams. It gives me lots of room to access the camera settings but it also protrudes below the original landing gears. Alternatively, I managed to find one of these too
410wn-VUuJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

but not sure how sturdy it is.

Confused. Why run both PC and iPad simultaneously? As a backup? Wouldn't the controller serve as backup? Can you regain control during a programmed mission with the controller?

wharfbanger said:
Confused. Why run both PC and iPad simultaneously? As a backup? Wouldn't the controller serve as backup? Can you regain control during a programmed mission with the controller?
Well the PC GS doesn't show me the battery voltage. The iPad app doesn't have the photo tool. I haven't tried it with just the PC app.

Jotfree said:
Reposting what I posted last week....

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12816

So I got my iPad Ground Station on Monday and figured out very quickly that the P2V had no visible CANBUS port. Sighs.... Then found out I did not need to by the Ground Station as the P2V is just waiting for DJI to drop a software update. So i did some digging.... and found the P2V dose have a CANBUS port on the MC.... but how to get it to plug into a standard CANBUS plug... well it seem there is a replacement part for the P2 called PHANTOM 2 PART 2 CAN MODULE. it is a a new landng skid with a CANBUS port on it and a cable to plug in to the CAN port on the MC..... Not really knowing if it would actually work, I ordered it two days ago should be here tomorrow..... It my understanding that with the last software update the CANBUS Port on the P2V's MC was made active. this allowing the use of the Ground Station with the P2V... Well im hoping but it looks like is plaseable... Not sure how it will work ill know better when the mail come tomarrow... Ill keep you posted on what I find.

UPDATE: It worked just fine. No comm issue.... I fit the datalink right next to the naza box and run the antennas down the landing skids legs in the back. It a nice tight fit.... ill takes some pic and post later.

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

PHANTOM 2 PART 2 CAN MODUL -http://1uas.com/Phantom-2-Part-2-CAN-Module?search=Phantom+2+Part+2+CAN+Module

Is this All I need for flying waypoints with the Phanton 2 Vision+ / iPAd ground station ?y

Is this All I need for flying waypoints with the Phanton 2 Vision+ / iPAd ground station ?

...I just wonder why haven't DJI figured that solution out?

The iPad Ground Station is currently using 2.4 Ghz. But the P2V+ is using 5.8 Ghz., so how can it possible be working together?

bmattila said:
Is this All I need for flying waypoints with the Phanton 2 Vision+ / iPAd ground station ?

...I just wonder why haven't DJI figured that solution out?

The iPad Ground Station is currently using 2.4 Ghz. But the P2V+ is using 5.8 Ghz., so how can it possible be working together?
if you can wait for DJI to release an updated app, you can do it without having to buy the datalink.

However, if you can't wait, instructions at : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142870

The Bluetooth 2.4 Ghz Datalink is made up of the air end and the ground end. You need to install the air end onto your Phantom. Hence it's not related to the 5.8Ghz receiver.

wharfbanger said:
zenith said:
wharfbanger said:
Thanks Zenith. I am going to wait another week to see if the Waypoints App materializes. BTW have you seen the universal dampened mount?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9796&p=122814#p122814

I have just bought one of these so my 140 gram Canon is dampened, balanced, and can point straight down (all in theory - yet to try it!). The supplier has a heavier duty version available for cameras up to 390g.

Cheers,
Mark
So far there isn't any straightforward way to transfer the waypoints from the PC GS to the Ipad GS. I connect both the PC GS and the Ipad GS at the same time. The WP will only show up in the ipad after I click "Go" on the PC GS. By then, the Phantom would be on it's way to perform the mission already. The PC app sometimes crashes or unable to connect, not sure if it's due to the ipad being connected also, but the ipad app has never crashed on me. I'm trying to use the phantom to trigger the camera automatically but need to look for some additional parts. It's now just automatically capturing pictures every 2-5 seconds.

I am not really fond of importing as the postage usually costs too much, have to deal with customs and will take a month at least on normal postage. I found a one of these and might try to mount it onto my phantom.
918braketwhitenonsharp.png
It weighs about 70 grams. It gives me lots of room to access the camera settings but it also protrudes below the original landing gears. Alternatively, I managed to find one of these too
410wn-VUuJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

but not sure how sturdy it is.

That white mount looks like it came from a Foscam... I have four of those lying about, but they're all in black...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
That white mount looks like it came from a Foscam... I have four of those lying about, but they're all in black...

-slinger
That's exactly what it is. I can't seem to find a full photo from the web so had to settle for the 90% photo. I just mounted it onto my phantom with dampeners. Can't wait til the next test flight. :)

zenith said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
That's exactly what it is. I can't seem to find a full photo from the web so had to settle for the 90% photo. I just mounted it onto my phantom with dampeners. Can't wait til the next test flight. :)
Ok, here's an update. Don't use the foscam mount as it leaves your camera too low. It will act like a pendulum causing the phantom to wobble.

Pull_Up said:
The waypoints function for the Vision range should be out within the next 7 days apparently. I would hold off buying any extra hardware until you've seen what that does, then if you want/need the full functions in the standalone Ground Station you can buy the bits the P2 flyers need...

Is there any notification from DJI ? Just Curious.
Anyhow obviously since today still have no schedule for that.

sunnyside said:
Pull_Up said:
The waypoints function for the Vision range should be out within the next 7 days apparently. I would hold off buying any extra hardware until you've seen what that does, then if you want/need the full functions in the standalone Ground Station you can buy the bits the P2 flyers need...

If you're curious, some info here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 939&page=3

Thats definitely IOS… hmmm. He also said that beta testing should be about a week. So I'm guessing, what maybe another week before launch if beta turns out ok? It looks promising, but we all know how reliable DJI has been.

zenith said:
sunnyside said:
Pull_Up said:

If you're curious, some info here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 939&page=3

Thanks for sharing. Just wait to see and hope it will come out late but not last.

Pull_Up said:
I'd rather late but working, than on-time and broken... Perhaps DJI are learning from previous releases

I'm not sure if they're learning from their previous releases. I know for sure that I am... :eek: :shock: :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31