P2V+ - Range extender battery charge issues

Reaction score
Gang, noob here. so all guidance is appreciated. and apologies if this is covered. initial search didnt seem to uncover this.
I recently bought a used P2V+ from a neighbor, got a good deal. As advised i usually charge the controller and range extender fully before taking the Phantom out to fly. Over the last few days have noticed an issue. this happens only sometimes - even after a full charge, once the aircraft is up in the air - the Range Extender battery level on the app (i use DJI vision) starts showing red and the read LEDs start flashing red. this is despite a full charge (when plugged in the extender charge LED glows GREEN). an hour back, same thing. got the aircraft up, the range extended level suddenly showed 5%. i brought the aircraft down, shutdown everything. Turned it on again, and it showed 90%. took the aircraft up again, and within a few seconds showed 5% again.

What can i do, guys/gals. any pointers on this. still learning here.

Gang, noob here. so all guidance is appreciated. and apologies if this is covered. initial search didnt seem to uncover this.
I recently bought a used P2V+ from a neighbor, got a good deal. As advised i usually charge the controller and range extender fully before taking the Phantom out to fly. Over the last few days have noticed an issue. this happens only sometimes - even after a full charge, once the aircraft is up in the air - the Range Extender battery level on the app (i use DJI vision) starts showing red and the read LEDs start flashing red. this is despite a full charge (when plugged in the extender charge LED glows GREEN). an hour back, same thing. got the aircraft up, the range extended level suddenly showed 5%. i brought the aircraft down, shutdown everything. Turned it on again, and it showed 90%. took the aircraft up again, and within a few seconds showed 5% again.

What can i do, guys/gals. any pointers on this. still learning here.

you can try doing a reset of it, you will then need to bind it to the quad, otherwise i would say the battery is failing

Also have the same issue (I don't have the P2V+ anymore but my friend still flies it and the RE700 won't hold charge). He can fly using a power bank on it to keep it live but can the battery be replaced?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav