P2V no fpv but records and have control

I finally solved the issue with mine! After hours of playing about with it and actually taking the camera and wifi sender apart to have a look at the chips to see if any sort of overheating had occurred it turned out that during one of the firmware updates (unknown whether the controller, the drone or the app update) it had removed the binding between the camera and the wifi sender. Having thrown away my box this obviously posed a problem at retrieving the FC200's MAC address, I sent a email to Dji customer support and in all fairness to them they sent a reply the next day with a qr code after I supplied them with the serial off the FC200. Completed a new binding process which gave me back everything on the app apart from live feed, The FC200 obviously had comms with the wifi sender as it was picking up the memory card and all other telemetry. I then rolled back the app to 1.0.48, completed another binding process and bingo! I have full live feed back with all telemetry! What a bloody ball ache! I believe that the firmware updates or the new Dji go version of the app caused all this! Hope everyone else manages to get there's going! I actually got that pissed off with it I went out and bought a Phantom 3 pro! If you also download inSSIDer onto your pc this will reveal the FC200's hidden MAC addy to! Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gavin, I believe I successfully bound mine. Did you have camera movement / control without fpv before binding like me or no cam control at all? Thx

mustangboxer, I had absolutely no control of anything before I managed to bind my camera! Been using it for a good week now and everything is working perfectly. Hope yours is working successfully

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Slinger, I took one of your pictures of the gunslinger site and ran it through Lightroom. I corrected it for lens distortion caused by the 120 deg FOV. I am uploading the file with this message. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• northschool02.jpg
    northschool02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 365
OK I just had the same problem on two different FC200 egg cameras. One had a black screen with the pinwheel of death and the other was just black. Both had wifi signal, battery, telemetry,both would recognize the SD card, the gimbal worked on both, but neither had FPV. The one with the pinwheel would take pictures, but the one with the black screen could not. When I tried to take a pic or video it would say sensor error. So I suspected it was a different problem with each one. So I opened them both up and inspected the boards. Not surprising I found a fried board in each. The one with the black screen(no pinwheel) was the board attached to the camera/camera lens. Bummer! The one with the pinwheel was the board beneath the board that is hard wired to the fan. Fortunately they were different boards and was able to make one good camera from the two sets of parts. I'm going to call DJI (but not getting my hopes up) and see if they have some extra boards lying around that they could give/sell to me. Fingers crossed! My advise would be to open it up and take a look inside for obvious fried boards (mine were pretty obvious). Other than that I don't think there is a firmware upgrade or downgrade that is going to help this. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Happy flying (with or without FPV)!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic