P2V Compass Calibration. Sound right?

Reaction score
I have an ICD (implantable defibrillator) in my chest. I am wondering if it affects the compass calibration?

I have been flying my P2V for a couple of months or so now without issue. I fly at a nearby park some, but mostly in front of my house out of the cup-de-sac.

Up until today it's been flying nice and tight. I've successfully kept my Vision calibrated, but this morning I noticed it is doing a "drift" when I hover stationary and yaw. If I give it a quick, short yaw (about 90 degrees) it will remain on it's vertical axis. However, when I yaw more slowly it is like I am pushing the right stick a little and drift off about 20 feet.

I re-calibrated and tried again getting the same thing. I fly in NAZA mode, FYI and decided to go back to regular Phantom mode. Same thing.

When I plugged it in to my assistant app, everything looks good.

Not a big deal while it's up high, but when I am coming in to land and need to maneuver a bit, it is a little nerve racking with nearby trees, etc.

Thoughts?

Re: Any Phantom/Vision Pilots with Pacemaker or ICD?

You could always ask someone without a pacemaker to calibrate it for you and see if that makes a difference.

All I know about pacemakers is that you can't weld anymore and you shouldn't get magnets near them.

So, just to be clear, if everything else is working properly then the yaw drift should be compass calibration only?

Pmcdn said:
So, just to be clear, if everything else is working properly then the yaw drift should be compass calibration only?

I didn't say that. LOL!

But if you want to be sure that your pacemaker isn't influencing the compass calibration, you could have someone else do it for you. That's all.

I have no idea if a "bad" calibration is your problem or not. Sorry. :- (

FSJ Guy said:
Pmcdn said:

I didn't say that. LOL!

But if you want to be sure that your pacemaker isn't influencing the compass calibration, you could have someone else do it for you. That's all.

I have no idea if a "bad" calibration is your problem or not. Sorry. :- (

No no, I wasn't suggesting that you said that. I was just asking.

I've calibrated a few times since I got it and until today, it's been rock solid in performance.

Another question: if working properly and I yaw left or right, it should rotate tightly, right?

When yawing, the craft should just rotate. It shouldn't move vertically or horizontally. It should just spin.

OK. I did the advanced IMU calibration and then took the PV out to the park and calibrated the compass. I took off and held hover about 12 feet up and yawed around. It would turn and stick within about a 4 foot horizontal area. It no longer drifted way off to the side when I would yaw like before.

With 10 or so satellites showing, is rotating within about 3 or 4 feet normal? In every other way it flew normal.

Hoping I got it back to normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl