P2 Vision+ not connecting to Assistant 3.8

Reaction score
Help please.
After some time in storage have got P2 v+ out and checking over. Batteries were stored at 66% and seem ok. P2 switches on and connects to controller and engines fire up. All seems ok but yet to try a flight.
Have no FPV feed to DJI app or Litchi but know how to get that fixed.
P2 or RC controller do not connect to Assistant. Tried on on retired laptop running Win10, but no Internet, that I used before but probably pre Win10.
Found Assistant download and driver download on old pc and transferred them from USB stick to install on notebook running Win7 but no Internet. Still no joy. Installed on current Win10 laptop with Internet from USB stick but still no connection to P2 or RC.
Noticed when starting Assistant in all cases load screen comes up and bar pauses with 'SKIP' option. Also getting error when plugging P2 and RC into pc.
Assistant shows Version 3.8.

Help please.
After some time in storage have got P2 v+ out and checking over. Batteries were stored at 66% and seem ok. P2 switches on and connects to controller and engines fire up. All seems ok but yet to try a flight.
Have no FPV feed to DJI app or Litchi but know how to get that fixed.
P2 or RC controller do not connect to Assistant. Tried on on retired laptop running Win10, but no Internet, that I used before but probably pre Win10.
Found Assistant download and driver download on old pc and transferred them from USB stick to install on notebook running Win7 but no Internet. Still no joy. Installed on current Win10 laptop with Internet from USB stick but still no connection to P2 or RC.
Noticed when starting Assistant in all cases load screen comes up and bar pauses with 'SKIP' option. Also getting error when plugging P2 and RC into pc.
Assistant shows Version 3.8.

you need to install the win USB driver, it’s a pain on windows 10 due to driving signing

Google how to turn off driver signing and then once done install the driver using an elevated command prompt

I can do it remotely with team viewer if you are having issues
Email me at [email protected]

Reactions: Mark The Droner
All sorted now. For info.
Got Assistant on Windows 10 by getting install downloads off old laptop via USB stick (can provide if anyone needs) and running as administrator.
Had problem with usb cable, why do so many not support data?
FPV issue sorted by Stuart and turned round in a day.
Just need somewhere to fly now!

Got Assistant on Windows 10 by getting install downloads off old laptop via USB stick (can provide if anyone needs) and running as administrator.

Some cables are just power, so no data cores inside, Stuart didnt repair it, I did lol

Hi there. I've inherited a Phantom 2 Vision and a Vision+. Recently I've lost camera preview to the Vision app on my phone. I'm trying to connect the Vision and Vision+ to a Mac and an XP virtual machine - in both cases and with an assortment of USB cables, my v3.8 Assistant software pauses during load with a SKIP option. Sounds like the issue you had. Did you use an older version of Assistant or were you able to make 3.8 work? Sounds like you know of a fix for FPV which I think is the preview video to the phone? That would be a great help even if I can't get the assistant to load. Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Gerry

Hi Gerry,
The lack of FPV is normally a problem with the WiFi Booster. You can try rebinding to the Phantom but it is likely to need a reflash of the module. There are videos on YouTube but I sent mine off to FlymyMavic via ebay to get it sorted search (DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus WIFI Module repair Service)
It was £45.00 well spent.
Apparently it's best to switch on and connect to phone app once a month to keep FPV working.
I use Assistant 3.8 and do get the Skip when PC runs it. So I click on that.
It seems to connect to P2 ok though. I can get battery info so assume all OK. Can't remember if I tried controller re-calibration though. Will check that out before I fly next. I did have problems with cables, so many of them are only for charging.
I was lucky enough to load Litchi app on phone late last year, just before they cut off P2V support.
Hope this helps.

Hi there. I've inherited a Phantom 2 Vision and a Vision+. Recently I've lost camera preview to the Vision app on my phone. I'm trying to connect the Vision and Vision+ to a Mac and an XP virtual machine - in both cases and with an assortment of USB cables, my v3.8 Assistant software pauses during load with a SKIP option. Sounds like the issue you had. Did you use an older version of Assistant or were you able to make 3.8 work? Sounds like you know of a fix for FPV which I think is the preview video to the phone? That would be a great help even if I can't get the assistant to load. Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Gerry

being unable to connect is a driver issue, you first need to disable driver signing then you can install the usb driver but you need to run the setup file via an admin command prompt, once done you can connect the quad and it should work fine
But if you try to connect the controller it won’t work you have to open device manager and force install the DJI USB driver

a video that will help is below and I’m also the chap mentioned who repairs FPV issues

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31