P2 V3 "wiring problem" solved with P3?

Reaction score
Put off buying P2+ V3 due to posts by burlbark and few others regarding faulty? wiring. I'm not sure those posts reflected reality but nonetheless thought to hold off pending reply by DJI.

DJI's reply did not directly address the wiring problem--if indeed it did exist--but instead noted the release of the P3. I'm hoping that the P3 has solved those problems noted on the P2 V3 forum. I will buy the P3 Professional if assured that the wiring doowap--if real and as wide spread as posts by a few forum members indicated--has been eliminated with the P3

Any comment/counsel appreciated

dolphindancer

You'll never get such a guarantee. You can hold off and see what early adopters say about their experiences or you can do like the rest of us do and cross your fingers and toes everytime you take off even with a drone that you think is flawless, unfortunately it's all part of the game

Who was it over in the P2V+ forum that repaired Phantoms and said that (I think it was the Naza flight controller) wasn't properly soldered onto the motherboard or they didn't follow the component manufacturers recommendations?

I can't remember exactly what component it was but I'm hoping they have fixed this weakness for the P3?

Put off buying P2+ V3 due to posts by burlbark and few others regarding faulty? wiring. I'm not sure those posts reflected reality but nonetheless thought to hold off pending reply by DJI.

DJI's reply did not directly address the wiring problem--if indeed it did exist--but instead noted the release of the P3. I'm hoping that the P3 has solved those problems noted on the P2 V3 forum. I will buy the P3 Professional if assured that the wiring doowap--if real and as wide spread as posts by a few forum members indicated--has been eliminated with the P3

Any comment/counsel appreciated

dolphindancer

Did those posts reflect reality? Ask those that had the wires break midflite and had their birds crumple into the ground. Do you think all those flyers made it up? o_O

I hope they addressed this issue In the Phantom 3.

DJI did directly address this issue in the V3 by applying silicone to the soldered end of the wire securing the wires to the esc's trapping the heat...... They also attempted a fix by wrapping the esc and wires in shrink tubing. If this is not acknowledging a problem than I dont know what is.

Put off buying P2+ V3
dolphindancer

I am putting off getting the P3 for a few months. Want to see how the P3 does first. I got the P2V+ V3 and first thing I had to do was replace the ESC with V2.1. So now mine works great. Don't see that much more that the P3 does that mine don't. It goes farther but I got the IteLite antennas so mine will go just as far. As far as the other things it does different, they aren't a big deal to me.

Reactions: dirtdummy
Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping the P3 will eliminate the need for replacing/repairing components. A number of posts seem to suggest one should be an electronics expert in order to successfully operate these units.
Not having that expertise, I need to rely on the manufacturer to provide reasonable assurance the product will function without component "tweaking" by the purchaser. Would be nice to know what percentage of these units crash due to mechanical defects.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31