P2 pilots with Gopro to new P3

Reaction score
seems plenty of us have placed an order, and I see by the other thread that number is growing day by day and will continue to as it seems there are still many trying to decide over the A and P model. How many of us tho are P2 pilots with gopro that have placed an order for the P3.

I haven't. I will wait for more real world samples and real world testers before ordering mine. Why be the guinea pig? :)

I haven't. I will wait for more real world samples and real world testers before ordering mine. Why be the guinea pig? :)
ha, because if there were no guinea pigs, technology would not progress! (that's how I justify it anyway). besides, if it turns out that they are perfect then I'll have been flying mine the whole time you were waiting for flyaway reports :D

Reactions: Apparition
It's all about the camera to me. I fly to get video and photos only. I am really hoping for the camera to be excellent. It seems like DJI realized that there was a lot to be desired after the P2V+ camera.

Reactions: thongbong
ha, because if there were no guinea pigs, technology would not progress! (that's how I justify it anyway). besides, if it turns out that they are perfect then I'll have been flying mine the whole time you were waiting for flyaway reports :D

Yep. But I just don't want to be the guinea pig :). Wasn't wrong when I waited before getting the P2 V2 than the earlier Flyaway Edition P2. Though I'm sure its going to be great with all the new features that DJI has added.

Well said bbfpv, im sure they have learnt a lot from the vision mistakes from both a technological and financial aspect, so lets hope the P3 is all well and good.

Well said bbfpv, im sure they have learnt a lot from the vision mistakes from both a technological and financial aspect, so lets hope the P3 is all well and good.
+1

Thats what the Inspire buyers hoped too...

Thats what the Inspire buyers hoped too...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yea yea there were 2 crashes like that with the inspire that were genuinely not pilot error. From what I know dji sorted it for them pilots and sorted that bug fix, and it was straight away as they were the first with them.

A company copying Apple's video marketing format should also offer a 99% flawless product like Apple does. If the P3 is as buggy as P2V/Inspire, I'll be inclined to spend my money on whatever 3DR presents next week.

Based on DJI's track record, the first customers play the role of beta testers. The best policy is to wait 3 - 6 months and closely follow the trials and tribulations of the early adopters. Unless you like to pay to beta test.

Then maybe this thread is not what you should be spending your time on. We all know there will be glitches with the P3 we are not naive to this, we are just excited to the prospect of what we all hope will be a very good flying machine with fantastic fpv and range. You never know you might end up wanting one yourself, i bet you hope not, but you might.

Instead of showing "aluminium from the earth itself" they could've provided information about how their batteries are better now and won't be prone to failure as before, for example.
This tells me that their sales target group is people who have never owned any of their products and they couldn't care less what current customers think, as they've proved in the past.
Therefore I'm very reluctant to prepay a product that has not addressed previous problems, rather boasts new features (good features) that may or may not cause even more bugs.

Last edited:
Then maybe this thread is not what you should be spending your time on. We all know there will be glitches with the P3 we are not naive to this, we are just excited to the prospect of what we all hope will be a very good flying machine with fantastic fpv and range. You never know you might end up wanting one yourself, i bet you hope not, but you might.

Don't fool yourself. As soon as you put your credit card down, you're a beta tester. Been there, done that. I'll buy one when the public beta is over and the imaging system actually matches or exceeds the Hero 4 black. I hope that happens in the next 6 to 9 months. A truly turnkey system would be nice.

As a 40 and P2 owner myself i liked the presentation they did and thought it was good. How ever it seems you didn't and your not happy with dji that much any more. So i ask the question why are you on phantom pilots and a thread that was simply to ask how many P2 owners had gone for P3's. I think that maybe the 3DR iris forum would be more for you. Oh and lipos are all ways prone to failure, been racing cars now pro amm for years and had every make of lipo under the sun. They are all just a temperamental battery for what ever hobby we use them for.

I have been wondering if I would miss the 123 degree view of the GoPro down to 96. I realize the distortion factor but on certain landscape shots with the horizon set up properly the distortion is not a factor and quit pleasing in 4K.

Personally, I'm interested in the P3 too, just not willing to prepay based on the failed support P2 owners have had to deal with (can't speak for P1). I replied to this thread because I don't believe that DJI has learned from the past, otherwise they would've already taken action to support their current customer base. Personally, I'm stuck on an older version of firmware because it works, but I'm missing out on new features. Newer versions have posed even more problems and I will not upgrade to a firmware that is posing problems for others.
Thus some of us are predicting the same long "beta testing" phase as usual and I am no longer willing to support a company that does this just because they want to start selling quickly. Also, I have never prepaid anything before. I don't understand why a company the size of DJI should receive a 0 interest loan for manufacture based on a presentation. Either make thousands and sell them, or make it a Kickstarter campaign.

I bought my first phantom 2 h3-2d when the dji release it before i think 1,5 year.Until now i fly it with the h3-3d gimbal without a problem and i never had any issue with it from the first day i bought it.

I'm stuck on an older version of firmware because it works, but I'm missing out on new features. Newer versions have posed even more problems and I will not upgrade to a firmware that is posing problems for others.
That's an interesting attitude.
You won't try newer firmware even though the vast majority of users have no problems with it because some users have reported issues.
You put a huge weighting on any reported issue but very low weighting on thousands of users having no issue.
So when no-one reports any issues, it will be acceptable to you.
The P3 might be obsolete before you try one with that logic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31