P2 motors are not starting up using Futaba 14SG

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to P2, I have completed 3 flights. Now I have changed to futaba rx/tx. I have reversed ailron and throttle channels in assistant software, I am in phantom mode. I have proper GPS signal however when I try to start motors, they don't turn on.
So far, I have linked my tx to rx, created a new model and calibrated my tx using assistant software, also updated all latest versions of softwares and calibrated IMU. just fyi, I am also using emmersonrc fat shark fpv system.

can you please suggest how to trouble shoot this issue? Thanks a lot for your help

Run the Phantom Assistant software, plug the Phantom in to the computer. Check the stick readings on the screen, make sure they go to +/- 1000 (calibrate under Basic/RC if not).
To turn on the motors, you need: min throttle, max rudder, min elev, min ailerons.

Run the Phantom Assistant software, plug the Phantom in to the computer. Check the stick readings on the screen, make sure they go to +/- 1000 (calibrate under Basic/RC if not).
To turn on the motors, you need: min throttle, max rudder, min elev, min ailerons.
Thanks for ur reply, I tried calibrating several times but motor still does not turn on..

What are the arm LEDs indicating (before you try to arm, and when you try to arm)?

Also, how did you hook up the receiver? S-bus or individual signals?
Did you say you do see the controls move when running the Phantom Assistant?

S-bus mode. Yes I see controls move and also able to Control gimble. Btw, I am using venom battery as my original dji battery died today and local hobby shop only had venom battery for dji but battery is fully charged and I get good GPS lock too.

Well, if you can definitely get the sticks to read:
- A = -1000
- E = -1000
- T = -1000
- R = +1000
and the lights are green, then you should be able to start the motors. If you can't, then I'm stumped.

Yes, it works on the 14SG. Load it up, check to make sure the 14SG is putting out the right numbers via the servo menu. Then check the calibration in P2 assistant. Should work with the stock P2 setup though some people have had to reverse channels which is easy.

Motors dont start when connected to the assistant. Test for full deflection in the P2 assistant, disconnect it, restart and if the motors don't start, there's something else at play. Look for flashing light sequence.

Remove props until you have sorted out any control issues.
(if you hadn't already) :)

There is a reverse button in the assistant for each channel. Test and hit reverse as needed. EDIT: just reread your post. Reverse should do it. If not, something else may be going on. You should post this in the thread I linked above. Might be some more folks following it who have seen what you're getting.

I was wondering if there are any futaba 14sg related settings I need to do because in upper position motor starts fine

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic