P mode but has yellow light slowly flashing

Reaction score
Hi all, I just have several flight with my P3. Last flight I was flying in a valley where GPS signal was almost 0. Took off in P-OPTI and sometimes P-ATTI, green light flashed normally. Then suddenly the yellow light flashed, just like if you fly in ATTI Mode in P2. It's not blinking rapidly like when losing connection to controller. P3 was still flying very stable despite of yellow light.

I am curious what mode is exactly that give out yellow light ? I read in manual it should be A mode that has yellow light. If I have mistakenly switch the Mode switch, it didn't show up in Flight record, all modes were P mode.

I'd suggest you go back and read pages 11& 12 of the owners manual.

First you need to know what modes are “selectable” on the controller itself.

There is the P-GPS mode. That’s the upper most position. The phantom will use the GPS and the VPS together (if the VPS is turned on) and the phantom is at a low enough altitude to utilize the VPS.
The phantom will automatically switch between GPS,OPTI and ATTI depending on what's available

Second position down is A-mode or ATTI. The phantom will only use the barometer to maintain altitude.

The third position down is F-mode or IOC. That will let you use the “intelligent orientation control”.

Your Phantom was doing exactly what is was supposed to do and the slow flashing yellow was indicating it had switched to ATTI mode.

Reactions: snowghost
Thanks, I might read it wrong of the user manual.

On page 12, it says Yellow Flashes Slowly ..Safe to Fly (A-Mode...etc). All the P mode says only Green flashes. So does it mean "A-Mode but no GPS and Vision Positioning " is actually P-ATTI ?

I am confused here that's why I have to ask just to be sure what's going on with my P3.

Thanks, I might read it wrong of the user manual.

On page 12, it says Yellow Flashes Slowly ..Safe to Fly (A-Mode...etc). All the P mode says only Green flashes. So does it mean "A-Mode but no GPS and Vision Positioning " is actually P-ATTI ?

I am confused here that's why I have to ask just to be sure what's going on with my P3.
The bird is doing the mode switching. There aren't any satellites, so it's switching itself to "A mode", which is the equivalent of you manually flipping the mode to ATTI.

The bird is doing the mode switching. There aren't any satellites, so it's switching itself to "A mode", which is the equivalent of you manually flipping the mode to ATTI.

Oh I see, It's clear now. Actually the same with P2 , I am confused because never seen yellow flashing on P3 even when it's starting collecting gps signal on the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20