P-4 or Mavic

Reaction score
I have a p4.I am not happy with the distance I am getting. So here is my question
would you keep spending money on trying to figure out how to get the distance you
want or do I just save up some money and go for the mavic? I like the p4 I have try
a few things I am thinking of getting the Titan switch system I don't know if this is
going to work or am I wasting my money again? Just curious what people on this
forum think.Thanks

I have both the P4 and Mavic pro. I fly both regularly in the same area, I find the P4 slightly better for signal and range, this is with an EC controller. Well it is the same controller but it reduces power in my location.
I rarely fly long range, but both have been out to 13000 ft, over open water and mud flats where no people could possibly be.
Sorry this does not help you in your decision.

Reactions: KentA
The P4 will fly farther than the Mavic. The limit for both systems is really the battery, as you should be able to get 4 miles out of a P4P's controller. Meaning, buying a proper antenna setup that boosts output will lead to increased range, which will lead to a craft that will travel a greater distance than what the Mavic is capable of.

Last edited:
Ho preso il mio Phantom 4 dopo circa 2 mesi ma la fotocamera si muove in continuazione a destra e sinistra e la qualità di tramissione sul mio tablet e scarsa

Hi there I have both p4 and Mavic platinum
Range is negotiable as you got options on both windsurfers ,rangeextenders ,litchi with waypoints ,etc
I love my platinum because it’s so quiet and the portability
P4 camera is better but that may all change soon when the Mavic Pro ||
Comes out later this month ,but I do believe occusync on the Mavic gets you further than the p4

Last edited:
WWK888 I am gong to order the Titan switch system probably next
week.I am just waiting on a refund I have coming from a controller
I sent back. I hope this works,my wife keeps telling me to buy the
Mavic.But I don't want to give up yet on the P4

I am sure you will be happy with any product you purchase from Titan Drones. James will answer any and all questions you may have.

WWK888 I just order the switch system from Titan drones.Can't
wait to get this.I should receive it in 3-5 days.

Reactions: WWK888
Anxious to hear your results. Are you doing the install yourself?

Half way,I have a friend that's very very good with electronics.
He helped me with other mod. I don't see this being that difficult.

Well went out today and did my first test with my Titan switch system.Very disappointed!!
I did not get any farther at all. I am going to check all the work again and have someone
else check it too. Hopefully I did something wrong. I will let you know.

Something is definitely wrong, there is no way that system would not improve your distance. Call James at Titan Drones and seek his advice.

I will give him a call tomorrow.I hope its something simple.Right now I am very concerned
that this is not going to work.I hope I am wrong.

I did talk to James today. I do need to do some test especially with the Omni directional
antennas.I do feel better after talking with him. The weather here won't be good for flying
until Thursday or Friday. I let you know then how I make out.

I believe the flight time for the P4P is about the same as the Mavic Pro ... negligible difference in range. May I ask what you need the added range or flight time for? VLOS is normally the limiting factor.

For most video work, a good production is made of many short clips ... 10 seconds or less. Thus, I find the limited battery life of my Mavic Air is not an issue. I do use my P4P when a better camera is called for.

Russ , I fly with a few others, All phantom pilots.Sometimes we try to push to see how far we can go. I always come in last.
That's why I am trying to find out how to get the most out of my p4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak