P 3S Battery Charge Drops 2% Overnight

Reaction score
I've owned my P3 for 3 weeks, and have 25-30 flights.
I noticed a few flights ago that by the time I've calibrated the compass, then get airborne, my battery is at 98%.
So I began to pay attention to what it says upon initial startup, and for example I fully charged the battery yesterday afternoon, and upon completion set it aside.
Then this morning I fired everything up just to check the level and it was at 98%

Is it normal for the battery to discharge that 2% in less than 24 hrs.?
And my time to discharge setting for the battery is 10 days...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a P2V but yeah, that's what mine does too. 98% by the time I'm ready to go and that's not even including a calibration. The other day I thought I needed a calibration, so I actually used a partially discharged battery to calibrate, launch, hover. Looked good so I landed and shut it down, turned it off. Swapped batteries with a fresh one fully charged. Start up, get sats, get home point, check home point, launch. I was at 99% when I got it in the air but only for a second or two. :D

I'm rekindling this thread because I'm just flabbergasted over this.
Does everyone's battery show 98% upon startup, or at least within a minute of powering on the Phantom?
I mean, I don't even have the motors started yet, and I'm at 98%
If I have ever seen 100% charge on the FPV screen, it's only been a few times, and it doesn't stay there for long.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah. For me, by the time I'm in the air, 97-98% start up is typical.

I also noticed that I can force the battery to more full than full if I keep force charging it over and over.

When the battery turns off after charging, I count 30 secs, force it on, and the charge continues and so does the voltage, up, up and up. It eventually turns off but with more voltage than when it turned off before. So I repeat. Over and over. After a few times I get bored and stop. But when I do that, I am more inclined to lift off with 99%.

However, I don't think it's healthy for the battery to do this. It might even be dangerous.

Yeah. For me, by the time I'm in the air, 97-98% start up is typical.

I also noticed that I can force the battery to more full than full if I keep force charging it over and over.

When the battery turns off after charging, I count 30 secs, force it on, and the charge continues and so does the voltage, up, up and up. It eventually turns off but with more voltage than when it turned off before. So I repeat. Over and over. After a few times I get bored and stop. But when I do that, I am more inclined to lift off with 99%.

However, I don't think it's healthy for the battery to do this. It might even be dangerous.
That is, unfortunately, an almost gauranteed way to reduce the service life and reliability of your packs.

That's what I hear
Cant argue with science.... i used to do this deliberately with dumb lipos and a smart charger. I watched them closely during the process. I also knew charge cycles were going to be drastically reduced (and they were in some cases).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj