P 3 S Battery question?

Reaction score
I just purchased a OEM battery for my P3S. It showed 0 charge cycles when I received it. I have now charged it twice and it still reads 0 cycles? Everything works as it should, except it dosen't record the charge cycles? Is there something I forgot to do,since it's a new battery?

it's normal , you have to discharge your battery to a low level and recharge fully before DJI recognizes it as a charge cycle , make take many short flights not discharging battery to a low enough level before DJI will recognize as a charge cycle , I don't know the exact levels but that's the way DJI does it

It's definitely not a 00% depletion counter, my batteries count goes steadily up and I almost never fly to below 20% battery (P3S and P3A)

Thanks,Guy's! I don't know? My MP battery's
counts the charge cycles,when I fly the batterys down to 20% as mentioned above.The battery had the factory seal (sticker) on it,and fly's fine. It allowed me to set the discharge time to 3 day's as my other battery's are set to. I think this battery is NOS (new old stock) and may have a problem,but so far it's just the cycle count. Everything else works as it should?

It's definitely not a 00% depletion counter, my batteries count goes steadily up and I almost never fly to below 20% battery (P3S and P3A)

If you use 80% of the battery and then recharge, I believe that would add 0.8 to the counter. In other words, the counter shows the total number of full discharge/recharge cycles.

Last edited:
Thanks,Guy's! I don't know? My MP battery's
counts the charge cycles,when I fly the batterys down to 20% as mentioned above.The battery had the factory seal (sticker) on it,and fly's fine. It allowed me to set the discharge time to 3 day's as my other battery's are set to. I think this battery is NOS (new old stock) and may have a problem,but so far it's just the cycle count. Everything else works as it should?
I'm pretty new at this, but I usually run my batteries down to the high 20% to low 30% range. So far every recharge has shown up in the counter.
Eddie

To clarify: I'm not saying that using 80% of the capacity will add exactly 0.8 to the counter... we don't know exactly what DJI considers a "full cycle". The only way to reverse-engineer their algorithm is to log the the exact capacity used on each flight and the counter over 10-20 flights, and see how they correlate.

Last edited:
I compared the total number of charge cycles on my batteries to the total number of flights under my DJI profile: on average, each flight added 0.66 to the battery counter. Not a definitive test, but it sounds about right, as I rarely hit the low-battery warning.

I did not know that - interesting.
A
So it definitely is the number of full charge cycles, i.e. a charge cycle is replacing the full usable mah capacity during charging. If you are flying down to 20% every flight you will have 4 charge cycles reported for every five flights. Number of times on the charger would be meaningless as you have no point of reference to understand how the pack is performing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo