Owning a P4 and Mavic Pro

...But I've got a couple concerns; The smaller profile of the Mavic may make it harder for me to see at distance. ...

I don't know about that. All the P4/Mavic comparisons that had them standing on top of each other (with arms extended) showed that the flying size of the Mavic is nearly identical to the P4. Plus, with the dark/black body, it'll probably be easier to spot against a lighter sky.

Right, sitting on top of each other, comparing their "wing" spans are nearly the same. When I said "profile" I mean "side profile", the way you'd typically pilot/see them in non-FPV mode. Color I think may help, but as I state, these are "MY" concerns and obviously don't represent everyone's concerns with purchasing one...

I don't know about that. All the P4/Mavic comparisons that had them standing on top of each other (with arms extended) showed that the flying size of the Mavic is nearly identical to the P4. Plus, with the dark/black body, it'll probably be easier to spot against a lighter sky.

I was going over this myself and posted a video about the subject recently. Some interesting input from the comments so far. Would love to see what others think about the points made in it.
Even after making it I am still in a toss up of whether to sell the P4... just terrified of looking at my Mavic footage and think 'ehh... wish it was as good as the Phantom'.

Put mine in my pocket after flying a bit, wife says " is that a drone in your pocket or you just glad to see me?" When I said I was just glad to see her, she immediately said she had a headache.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I´m selling my Inspire but not my 2 P3Ps. Incredibly solid and reliable quad, perfect for most missions and if not for the size and bulk it´d be perfect. Cue in the Mavic... Now, the I1 is amazing to fly but so clumsy and heavy and big it gets less and less use. Ordering a Mavic now of course, once it´s in the I1 is out and I´ll be back to rent higher payload drones for more specific missions.

The Mavic is another league, and I look forward to a more personal use (taking it to MTB and road bike rides, motorcycle outings, traveling, the like...) than professional. But you never know, the way it´s compact, fast do deploy and all those advanced features might get me into use it for some pro contracts as well. Yeah, I see that happening.

Being in the business for a few yrs now, I learned that sometimes (many times, most times) less can be more, and versatility beats ultra-high-end quality.

I sold my P4 & ordered a Mavic, but I still have a P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, & a pair of P3 Standards which I am keeping. All of the P3s will continue to see plenty of use. :)

I'm wondering how many of you ordered the Mavic Pro and also own the P4. When you get your Mavic do you think you'll favor it over your P4 or will your P4 still be your "main" drone? I know nobody really knows since none of us have recieved their mavic yet but it's something that has been on my mind lately and I'm a little curious.I honestly think I will favor my P4 over my Mavic since I feel like my P4 is an awesome piece. But I guess time will tell

I sold my P4 & ordered a Mavic, but I still have a P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, & a pair of P3 Standards which I am keeping. All of the P3s will continue to see plenty of use. :)

I am on the fence between a P3P and P4 having just returned a P3A. If you don't mine me asking, what caused you to keep the P3Ps and sell the P4?

The P4 was worth more to sell & gave me almost enough to pay for the Mavic Fly More Package. Also I like to do multi-bird missions. The P3s all fly about the same speed which makes them work well together in group flight. The P4 was always faster than the P3s (even when programmed for the same speed) so it did not work well with my P3 birds in joint missions. Hated to part with the P4 but the Mavic would have been bird #7.

I am on the fence between a P3P and P4 having just returned a P3A. If you don't mine me asking, what caused you to keep the P3Ps and sell the P4?

Reactions: Badgenes
Cool thanks for the info. I was wondering if, owning the gamut of dji drones, there was some issue with the p4. I totally understand now, thanks for your insight. I love the videos you've made!

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I own a P4 and pre-ordered the Mavic. My sole reason for the Mavic is the portability. I take 2 long motorcycle trips per year (2,000+ miles) and its next to impossibly to pack the P4 along with luggage.
Considered a car?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik