Owner labelling etc

Reaction score
Evening all.

How many of you have labelled your machine with owner details , offered reward for finding etc?

If so, have you simply stuck on a label or used any other method?

Thanks!

I did that, have my reward offer and my phone number. I printed a vinyl decal and applied it one of the sides of the drone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wrote on the label using a Sharpie and then covered that with clear tape. I also have details in a text file on the SD card.

Reactions: BigAl07
I had Mark at UAVstickers.com make me some small stickers I use on my drones and RC units, including the FAA certification number. See my picture (attached).

Attachments

• IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Reactions: GunnyPapa
None for me. I figure if it crashes I most likely don't want it. Buy a new one!

That said I have my name & number on it. No reward details though as I'd hate to give someone money for a pile of junk.

Just refreshing this topic in view of the likely requirement regarding UK registration becoming compulsory in November 2018.
A few years back I produced some polyester labels on a Brady thermal printer. The one on the Phantom camera has been attached for a few years now and shows no sign of wear.
Size is 13 x 25mm (.5" x 1"). IMG_2095.JPGIMG_2097.JPG

Reactions: BigAl07
I have the P-Touch Home & Hobby labelmaker. Black lettering on a while label looks real good. I put my name and phone number on the AC and all batteries, as well as on many items in my vast camera arsenal.

If anyone’s interested i’m happy to run off half a dozen, free of charge, for you. Just pay postage. IM me if interested.

Reactions: umanbean
None for me. I figure if it crashes I most likely don't want it. Buy a new one!

That said I have my name & number on it. No reward details though as I'd hate to give someone money for a pile of junk.

It would be a good idea in getting your drone back in any shape or form. This would prevent anyone from fraudulently suing you claiming physical or property damage.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I used a label maker. Attached name, phone number, FAA number and “useless without remote”. Stuck labels on top of all four arms. Black letters on white. Blends nicely on Phantom.
Jim
WA5TEF

I just have my name, phone number, and registration number sharpied on the body

I included a label “Useless with remote controller”. Might prevent someone from trying to mess with it rather than calling my number.

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

I included a label “Useless with remote controller”. Might prevent someone from trying to mess with it rather than calling my number.

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Jim, do you mean "without remote controller"?

Jim, do you mean "without remote controller"?
Lmao no i think he meant useless WITH controller otherwise no one would ever find it cuz it would come home rofl!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic