Over exposed on single shot pictures

Reaction score
On taking single shot pictures on my P4P+ it totally turns over exposed. The burst mode works fine and the AEB works fine but not the single shot. Video works fine. I have reset the camera and reloaded the firmware, but still not working. Do not want to send in to repair as I want this drone back. Searched the threads but couldn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

On taking single shot pictures on my P4P+ it totally turns over exposed. The burst mode works fine and the AEB works fine but not the single shot. Video works fine. I have reset the camera and reloaded the firmware, but still not working. Do not want to send in to repair as I want this drone back. Searched the threads but couldn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Can you change the exposure using the dials? Adjust the ISO, etc? Does that make it any better. Is there a exposure lock in the single shot mode?

If you put EV at minus 7 the single shot is close but everything else, AEB ,Video is totally dark. Set EV to 0 and the single shot is wiped out white and the rest, AEB , Video are good. something in the single shot. Learned something though, Didn’t realize that by pushing the dial that it changed from iso to f stop and EV. Adjusting did not help the problem!
[
QUOTE="Kompasnoze, post: 1463901, member: 118715"]
[/QUOTE]
How is your EV setting?
Can you change the exposure using the dials? Adjust the ISO, etc? Does that make it any better. Is there a exposure lock in the single shot mode?

We had the same problem with our P4Pro. It turned out to be a fault in the mechanical shutter and the camera now needs to be replaced. As with your case, the movies still worked excellently. To verify if this is your problem, try turning off mechanical shutter in the camera settings menu.

We had the same problem with our P4Pro. It turned out to be a fault in the mechanical shutter and the camera now needs to be replaced. As with your case, the movies still worked excellently. To verify if this is your problem, try turning off mechanical shutter in the camera settings menu.

Thank you! I would have never found that! Should I shoot single without mechanical shutter or with the shutter on and shoot AEB and choose one out of three. I’m not sure what a mechanical shutter does?

Thank you! I would have never found that! Should I shoot single without mechanical shutter or with the shutter on and shoot AEB and choose one out of three. I’m not sure what a mechanical shutter does?
I am not fully sure on how it works but as I understand it the mechanical shutter is used in single shots but not movie. I suspect it is not used in burst shots as well. Try some examples with the setting to off and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31