Out the box won't calibrate compass. And gimbal exceeded limits

Reaction score
I had a phantom 4 for two weeks. Messed up gimbal. Best buy took it back and exchanged it last night with no questions asked. Got a brand new one. Did all the updates and compass won't calibrate. The gimbal makes a weird noise when I turn it to calibrate it and it says camera exceeds limits or something like that.? And advice. On my lunch break I'll be able to fiddle with it more. But another concern is the ribbon cable for the gimbal is split. The camera can flip all the back and where it hits the ribbon cable it's splitting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did all the updates and compass won't calibrate. The gimbal makes a weird noise when I turn it to calibrate it and it says camera exceeds limits or something like that.?
How did you attempt to calibrate it?

the ribbon cable for the gimbal is split
That's as designed.

Reactions: jburke90
The Imu I did first. That went fine. I was trying to do the calibrating when you spin around holding it. But camera doesn't hold up when I hold it on its side. It makes that Little motor noise and says camera exceeds limits. On my lunch break I'm going to do the camera calibration that does it on its own and starts @ 0% then finishes at 100%

Make certain you take that guard off when the drone is on, or you can over load the motors. I made that mistake, and the gimbal did some strange things. After turning it off and on it started to act normal. I was doing updates and didn't realize a lot of time had gone by.

I made sure those things were off. It just won't let me get a successful compass calibration. The first 360 spin does fine. Then the second one where you turn it on its side messes it up. Says camera exceeds limits and won't let it calibrate. And makes that weird little motor noise. Is there a way to set the limits for the gimbal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20