Out of box, P3 has crooked gimble, no matter what I do.

Reaction score
So, I took the drive after a lot of though and research and picked up my first quadcopter/drone *whatever the hell you wanna call them* yesterday, a lovely new Phantom 3 Pro from a local shop.

Everything seemed to be good an in order during unboxing, firmware update on Phantom and controller, updated Note 4 with newest DJI app and took my first flight indoors

But I immeditely noticed the video feed just didn't look "right" and then I checked the 4k video and photos I took for tests and sure enough, everything was "crooked" on the horizontal plane.

More research into this and I found info in forums to do a full IMU calibration under advanced sensor settings and then do gimble calibration .

I did that 4 seperate times with 2 different micro SD cards and had the Phantom on perfectly level mantle on concrete with no motion. The gimple is slightly better but its still not perfectly angled to the horizon as is evident of photos I took with a bubble measure.

I kinda expect a nearly $1300 piece of hobby equipment to pretty **** flawless out of the box, especially for the camera system just to be level. From what i've read, a lot other people on the web are having same issue.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15941-1-1.html

Thankfully I bought this at a authorized dealer so I'm basically just gonna not touch thing until I can visit them again and have them take a closer look and hopefully just get an exchange when they get more Pro's in.

Anyone else had this issue out of the box and what did you ultimately for a solution?

OHQeyKt.jpg

igRSn4r.jpg

Take a look at that first picture. Are you sure that table itself is level? The gimbal will calibrate to the surface it is placed on, and the camera seems perfectly aligned with the table it is on. I think you just have a wonky table mate! Put the spirit level on the table and check

Take a look at that first picture. Are you sure that table itself is level? The gimbal will calibrate to the surface it is placed on, and the camera seems perfectly aligned with the table it is on. I think you just have a wonky table mate! Put the spirit level on the table and check

Thats a mantle that is sitting on concrete and yes, its perfectly level

down load an electronic bubble level app for you phone and calibrate the app to a 4 foot bubble level. Then take the electronic phone app and check the level of your copter on the two horizontal axis. The calibrate your gimbal again. That plastic bubble level is probably off slightly. I was having some issues with mine until I did this -- looks good now. If that doesn't work then it may be a warranty issue.

down load an electronic bubble level app for you phone and calibrate the app to a 4 foot bubble level. Then take the electronic phone app and check the level of your copter on the two horizontal axis. The calibrate your gimbal again. That plastic bubble level is probably off slightly. I was having some issues with mine until I did this -- looks good now. If that doesn't work then it may be a warranty issue.

Did that too, still crooked. And my gimbal keeps slowly turning to the left to on startup. I have to readjust it every single time

I tried it again after a short flight inside and the camera keeps turning to the left and I have to calibrate it every time.

I think this thing is defective, I'm taking it back to store for exchange, this is ridiculous honestly

Did that too, still crooked. And my gimbal keeps slowly turning to the left to on startup. I have to readjust it every single time

I have the slight turn to the left on mine as well. But I don't have the horizon issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you calibrate, why do you mention that you did this with two different SD cards?

Have you tried proping up one side of the drone and then doing the calibration?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31