Opti vs Atti mode...I am planning to practice Atti. ¿suggestions?

Oddly, yesterday, I got the same Red message to switch into ATTI mode, this time warning me of a GPS issue, and then a Compass error, a minute after launch, while flying 500 feet away at about 190 feet above ground out in front of me. I could see the P3P struggling, while flying back and forth, attempting to hold position. However, this time, I ignored the warning, as a large temple spire was in close proximity and could have spelled disaster in full ATTI mode. Instead, I stayed in P mode, which had switched to P-OPTI mode, and elevated the craft to 220 feet, while it drifted 150 to the left away from the spire (thankfully!), and it finally returned to green Safe to Fly within 15 seconds and from P-OPTI back to P-GPS mode. Obviously, P-OPTI is, in fact ATTI mode, until the satellites return. My project was was to orbit around this temple, so I had to continue flying over, and through, the exact same area, where the message to switch to ATTI mode first occurred, during the next 10 minutes, although I stayed at 220 feet above ground. The weird message did not reoccur during the rest of the flight, and I had full control thereafter, with no issues. Strange, and a bit disconcerting to say the least. I wonder if something in the new updates is perhaps causing this, as I have never seen this alarming Red warning before, in some 90 flights under the old versions. I recalibrated the compass today, just in case.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20