Opinions on sunhood

I have a Hoodman and like it a lot. I have the extended version. I hear that DJI is about to come out with a wireless headset for FPV. I’m very excited about this new option if its is true.

I have a Hoodman and like it a lot. I have the extended version. I hear that DJI is about to come out with a wireless headset for FPV. I’m very excited about this new option if its is true.
Yes DJI Goggles for $449. Even though they are kind of big, I'm definitely getting them. You can also use them on your PlayStation 4 and tablets

I received my Hoodman today. Dumb me. I thought when I ordered it that it came with both parts, nope, just the lower half. I really should learn to read haha. Anyways it works great! I love it! I did end up ordering the top half, should be here in a few days;).
Anyone on the fence about this hood? My advice it's definitely worth it.
I rarely use the top half of my Hi Aerial hood. I find the bottom part is adequate. If not, I typically resort to using my BrockUmbellla on my head, cause I enjoy looking like a dork. :p

I bought a cheap hood from china. Around 12 bucks.. kind of a hassle putting it on. I use a iPad and still had to get in the shade. I don't think I will use it much

The top extension is nice when it's really bright but, then you have to access your screen through the bottom hood slot. It's narrow. Also, make sure the RC screw is snugged up. The top extension/using both accessories makes it top heavy.

I fly almost exclusively at the beach and most often capture my son and/or his students surfing. I wouldn’t be without this hood (Hoodman Aviator 2 - two sections) even on an overcast day, as shown in clip. For a long time I simply put a large beach blanket over my head and the controller/screen; this worked but presented an extra difficulty when I had to look out from under the towel. What’s more, it looked weird! With the Hoodman, I simply lift my head ever so slightly and have full line of sight view of my Phantom. Use of this device renders even the brightest sun a complete non-issue. As I don’t ever fly in the dark, I never fly without the Hoodman. In hindsight, I can only say I didn’t get it soon enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj