Opinions on sunhood

Reaction score
I found a Hoodman Aviator hood online from Adorama. Is this a good one? I live in the desert and find it hard to see the display on my Samsung Tab s2 8.0 inch. Anyone own this particular hood? Thanks.
afabe1b72d0bafb8a4f03f3ba239c64d.jpg
51bca8986ba2c6ac62e738bdfc713b3a.jpg

I am very partial to the Hi-Aerial hoods as I own several. They are fantastic because they work! However, I have word that a sale will be coming up soon :)

Reactions: DanMan32
I saw that same one for my iPad mini I want to try. Pretty cheap at $34.99 too. Not happy with the 3 sided ones I tried. I think I will still have to put a anti-glare screen film on as another member mentioned to me. I'm still not 100% convinced this setup will work good. I have a feeling it's going to be too dark with the film on to see it but who knows until I try..

I have one and also have the extension too. So far it it is my favorite hood. I use it with my Samsung 9" S2 tablet with no problems.

Reactions: KingDad1985
I don't like the idea of using the extension piece. Seems too long to be lugging around and I don't want to burry my face in there the whole time blind from the rest of the world...lol

I don't like the idea of using the extension piece. Seems too long to be lugging around and I don't want to burry my face in there the whole time blind from the rest of the world...lol
I might have the same issue, as I like to alternate looking at my screen to looking directly at my bird. I went ahead and ordered it last night, shipped today. Only way to really know if I'll like it is to try it ;)

I have one and also have the extension too. So far it it is my favorite hood. I use it with my Samsung 9" S2 tablet with no problems.
Nice! I'm hoping this one will work with my Tab s2 8 inch as it states it's for an iPad mini, I'm optimistic it will considering these tablets are roughly the same size

I saw that same one for my iPad mini I want to try. Pretty cheap at $34.99 too. Not happy with the 3 sided ones I tried. I think I will still have to put a anti-glare screen film on as another member mentioned to me. I'm still not 100% convinced this setup will work good. I have a feeling it's going to be too dark with the film on to see it but who knows until I try..

This is what I use on my tablet along with the hoodman....works really well and very reasonable price.
Doesn't make the screen too dark at all.
Amazon.com: Mr Shield For Acer Iconia One 8 (B1-810) Anti-Glare [Matte] Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've got one of the 3 sided ones. It helped but it's only a partial fix. By all means, but a hood, but you also need to put an anti-glare screen protector on whatever device you're using, and the biggest thing...always wear a black shirt.

Reactions: trevornewkirk
I've got one of the 3 sided ones. It helped but it's only a partial fix. By all means, but a hood, but you also need to put an anti-glare screen protector on whatever device you're using, and the biggest thing...always wear a black shirt.
That's funny you say that haha, I almost always wear black ;)

I found a Hoodman Aviator hood online from Adorama. Is this a good one? I live in the desert and find it hard to see the display on my Samsung Tab s2 8.0 inch. Anyone own this particular hood? Thanks.
afabe1b72d0bafb8a4f03f3ba239c64d.jpg
51bca8986ba2c6ac62e738bdfc713b3a.jpg

I bought one last week and only had a chance to use it once and it was an overcast day which didn't really call for it but it was to see if I was able to use it without much hassle they made the slot on the bottom a bit snug I found it easier/ quicker to to access the screen thru the top instead of the slot , it should really help in full though , the quick release snaps are a big plus ..

I pre-ordered an crystalsky ultrabrite display cause I still feel at certain angles the sun will still be an issue the Hoodman is going to be returned .

I received my Hoodman today. Dumb me. I thought when I ordered it that it came with both parts, nope, just the lower half. I really should learn to read haha. Anyways it works great! I love it! I did end up ordering the top half, should be here in a few days;).
Anyone on the fence about this hood? My advice it's definitely worth it.

I have a sided well known and popular hood and it does not meet my expectations. I also added an glare screen cover for my ipad mini 2 and for me, it's worse with the anti glare screen. Best bet? I place a white teeshirt over my head and controller. I look stupid, but the display is bright and I'm not always under neath the covering of the shirt.
I also look for a tree for shade...

I have a sided well known and popular hood and it does not meet my expectations. I also added an glare screen cover for my ipad mini 2 and for me, it's worse with the anti glare screen. Best bet? I place a white teeshirt over my head and controller. I look stupid, but the display is bright and I'm not always under neath the covering of the shirt.
I also look for a tree for shade...
Yes trees are our friend and enemy in this hobby [emoji23]

Reactions: jsposito
Yes trees are our friend and enemy in this hobby [emoji23]

I 100% agree as I've flew into some top branches and suffered damage., As far as the hood extension goes please let us know. If there is a significant difference I'll break my budget and get it. Most of the hoods seem to have the same design and i would have thought same results. But im glad it worked for you. They are pricey but sometimes you do get what you pay for.

I 100% agree as I've flew into some top branches and suffered damage., As far as the hood extension goes please let us know. If there is a significant difference I'll break my budget and get it. Most of the hoods seem to have the same design and i would have thought same results. But im glad it worked for you. They are pricey but sometimes you do get what you pay for.
I've only used the bottom part so far as I'm still waiting for the top extension, but it works alot better than my 3 sided sunshade. The only con is it's slightly more difficult to press certain parts of the screen as it's made for the iPad mini and I'm using a Samsung Tab s2 8 inch. With that said I find it alot easier to see the screen in bright sunlight. I wouldn't leave home without it [emoji6]

I've only used the bottom part so far as I'm still waiting for the top extension, but it works alot better than my 3 sided sunshade. The only con is it's slightly more difficult to press certain parts of the screen as it's made for the iPad mini and I'm using a Samsung Tab s2 8 inch. With that said I find it alot easier to see the screen in bright sunlight. I wouldn't leave home without it [emoji6]

As I look at it now I can see it has bottom slide where you can access the pad and that itself looks like an improvement. I suppose the biggest adjustment might just be going back And forth to the screen
or below and up.

As I look at it now I can see it has bottom slide where you can access the pad and that itself looks like an improvement. I suppose the biggest adjustment might just be going back And forth to the screen
or below and up.
Yes the bottom slit opening is handy but my hand barely fits through it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic