Opinion Please

Reaction score
I have had my PV2+ for about six months and bought it second hand, (its about a year old). I have done about 25 flights with it and it seems to work fine without any problems.
I have never connected it to my computer to do any updates or calibration or have I flown it in Naza mode.
If it continues to do what it is doing well and I am happy to fly it the way I do, does anyone see a reason for me to be doing otherwise?

Probably no need to update the firmware but the calibrations can't hurt.
You are missing out on some very useful features by not switching to naza.

Reactions: Milly
If you haven't done any calibrations you have been lucky. Someone before you must have. It is necessary to do the compass calibration unless the guy you bought it from live within 25-30 miles from you. The IMU calibration is very important. It is even recommended to do the IMU on a brand new bird right out of the box.

When I say calibration, I have done the dance, but nothing on the computer. I am intrigued at what I may be missing in Naza mode, but because I fly infrequently (because of time or weather) I am scared I might **** something up and not be able to put it right.
I suppose I just feel safe bumbling along the way I am in my comfort zone.
The reason for asking was I thought I may be missing some important update that may be critical to law changes etc.

The most useful feature would be home lock. Could come in handy if you get disoriented.

Even in naza mode you can fly the way you have been, it just gives you options.

Reactions: GoodnNuff and Milly
If you haven't done any calibrations you have been lucky. Someone before you must have. It is necessary to do the compass calibration unless the guy you bought it from live within 25-30 miles from you. The IMU calibration is very important. It is even recommended to do the IMU on a brand new bird right out of the box.
You mean 250-300 miles?
Compass calibration can be ok within hundreds of miles. In the few years I've owned phantoms I've probably done less than 15 compass dances.
If it's not broke don't fix it. At the first sign of any problem, battery warning, not hovering within say 10ft of a stable position or after any crash no matter how small you should do the compass dance and hook it up to your pc to check your imu, mods and stick calibration. But as I said, if it's not broken don't fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic