Opinion on Battery Bulge

Reaction score
The battery in the center of the two pictures is the one I am concerned about. The other two small sides of this battery are not bulging. It is not a DJI battery as you can tell. Not very old not very many hours or recharges on it. Never been dropped. By me anyway :pI have never had a battery bulge on any of my 6 or 7 drones.

Is this battery a concern at this point?

Thanks
IMG_20210108_150232.jpg
IMG_20210108_150428.jpg

I would not use it,there's a chance it wont release from battery box when hot due to more swelling and asking for a fire,might be ok for testing something but I wouldn't fly it,,its at the risky stage when swollen because gas has escaped,,,,if its puffy and soft its had it and not worth risking a crash or onboard fire

I would not use it,there's a chance it wont release from battery box when hot due to more swelling and asking for a fire,might be ok for testing something but I wouldn't fly it,,its at the risky stage when swollen because gas has escaped,,,,if its puffy and soft its had it and not worth risking a crash or onboard fire
Thanks, Appreciate that info.

I would keep it as a last resort back up, say if you've used your others but still need to clinch that final bit of video or photo. Once lipo's start selling it is definitely a sign that are past there best and care should be taken. To be honest I'd probably discard it.

There have been a few instances of people who sustained serious burns from cellphones that detonated. The batteries used in drones contain a heck of a lot more energy than those of a cellphone, so I would never chance using a swollen battery of any sort.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31