Operations in Mexico

Reaction score
I’m traveling to Mexico for on vacation and wanted to take my P4P. Any idea of restrictions on operations for a hobbyist? Could someone direct me to the regs covering drone operations.

I’m traveling to Mexico for on vacation and wanted to take my P4P. Any idea of restrictions on operations for a hobbyist? Could someone direct me to the regs covering drone operations.
We are returning to our favorite location in Cancun this April. Im now considering an AIR for the trip. I am also wondering if Im going to run into any issues in Mexico as well. Have you had any luck getting information?

We are returning to our favorite location in Cancun this April. Im now considering an AIR for the trip. I am also wondering if Im going to run into any issues in Mexico as well. Have you had any luck getting information?
We are returning to our favorite location in Cancun this April. Im now considering an AIR for the trip. I am also wondering if Im going to run into any issues in Mexico as well. Have you had any luck getting information?[/QUO

Danno02

Well hold on to your hat here’s the scoop. Just off the press Customs charges 16% of the value of the drone to import it. They look it up online and swag it up to a max of 200.00 US dollars. A one time charge to import the drone. I’m my case I’m a Commerical pilot and I can’t even bring it into the country. I come to Cobo so often and MX is so corrupt it’s not even with it. Save you hard earned money and drone and just be a tourist. Hope this has helped. Safe travels.

JB

Well this is truly upsetting. Thanks for the update, you may have saved me from a lot of anger and expense. As much as I love traveling to MX, I have to agree that its one of the most corrupt locations in the world.

I'm actually thinking of buying a used Spark to take with me to Mexico. I'd rather lose a $300-$400 drone to the authorities than a $800+ drone.

I've taken a P2P+, a P4 and P4P+ over the last several years and not had one problem coming into Cozumel from the States. I've only opened it once when we go the red light this past February

Hello there. I'm flying to Cancun this summer and thinking of taking my drone with me. Has any had issues with this custom fee importing the drone? Can't you declare it somehow before entering the country? Where does it state on a website that that is the common practice? Any information would be great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4