One of My Batterys Causes Flight Issues

Reaction score
I have 4 batteries for my P3P. I numbered them 1 - 4 when I first got my Drone so I could keep track of use rotation hoping to extend the life.

A while back I started having issues with battery #1. It charges fine and appears to hold a charge as well, but when I put this one battery into the Drone I get all kind of flight issues. GPS cuts in and out, the drone only fly's about 100ft and I get a Max Distance alarm and it wont let me fly any further even though Max Distance is turned off.

Every time I bring the drone back, land it and change the battery and everything is fine after that. Put the questionable battery back in and all of the issues come back.

I don't know why a battery would cause such flight issues. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? I hate to retire a battery that has perfect capacity.

Suggest cleaning the contacts of drone and battery .... note that there are two sets if contacts ....

Main power for flight and smaller for telemetry / video power.

Nigel

Have you used Airdata to look at your batteries to see if there were issues?

You might as well examine the props for the amount of reliable and good battery information that airdata or healthydrones or whatever they call themselves this week tells you. The battery information provided on that site has produced so much fear and rumour since it was launched.

Do yourself a favour - clean the contacts well as posted above and retest in a safe open location. Also, turn on the battery info screen when on your test flights and keep a close eye on what the individual cells are dong under load. That will tell you much more that some useless imbalance screens.

You might as well examine the props for the amount of reliable and good battery information that airdata or healthydrones or whatever they call themselves this week tells you. The battery information provided on that site has produced so much fear and rumour since it was launched.

Do yourself a favour - clean the contacts well as posted above and retest in a safe open location. Also, turn on the battery info screen when on your test flights and keep a close eye on what the individual cells are dong under load. That will tell you much more that some useless imbalance screens.
All well and good! What app has battery info screen. I use Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31