On from Sunny Arizona

Reaction score
The social distancing is getting me down. But I have been flying a Mavic 4 for 3 years & got a big head about it. Got my 13 year old grandson a Phantom III Std. to help pass the time in our sequester but having technology problems getting Iphone to connect to the RC. Will be searching forum for answers but looking forward to participating.

having technology problems getting Iphone to connect to the RC.
Welcome.

You didn’t give any hints about what’s happening specifically, but I’ll make a wild guess.

One common question we get from P3S users is when people connect to their RC’s WiFi network, they see “No Internet Connection” under the network name and they think it’s a problem.

Is that even close to your issue?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Capt KO
The social distancing is getting me down. But I have been flying a Mavic 4 for 3 years & got a big head about it. Got my 13 year old grandson a Phantom III Std. to help pass the time in our sequester but having technology problems getting Iphone to connect to the RC. Will be searching forum for answers but looking forward to participating.
The P3S is a great choice. I continue to fly mine as often as possible. Without any details, it's hard to say exactly what's going on. As a reminder, the phone needs to connect to the controller and the controller to the drone. And you can fly without the phone so I would ask if you are certain the controller and the drone are connected. Does the drone respond to any commands? Is the light green or red? So if you are sure the controller is working, open the WiFi settings on the phone and see if the controller is putting out a signal. I would also suggest trying a different phone/tablet/device.

Greetings! I live near Luke Air Force Base in Litchfield Park.
Welcome to the site. I look forward to this coronavirus thing clearing up and resuming “normal” life. I joined a drone club last year. Would you be interested in joining us when this all clears up? Let me know if you still need help getting that Ph3 std. to link to the controller.

Welcome.

You didn’t give any hints about what’s happening specifically, but I’ll make a wild guess.

One common question we get from P3S users is when people connect to their RC’s WiFi network, they see “No Internet Connection” under the network name and they think it’s a problem.

Is that even close to your issue?
You nailed it. It looks linked on Iphone but get not connected (attached).

RC linked to drone (link light green), front lights red & rear solid green and able to start drone motors with remote alone.

On Iphone connect to the Phantom network, it "checkmarks", but says no connection.

Attachments

• Iphone Connect Phantom.jpg
    Iphone Connect Phantom.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 153
The P3S is a great choice. I continue to fly mine as often as possible. Without any details, it's hard to say exactly what's going on. As a reminder, the phone needs to connect to the controller and the controller to the drone. And you can fly without the phone so I would ask if you are certain the controller and the drone are connected. Does the drone respond to any commands? Is the light green or red? So if you are sure the controller is working, open the WiFi settings on the phone and see if the controller is putting out a signal. I would also suggest trying a different phone/tablet/device.

RC linked to drone (link light green), front lights red & rear solid green and able to start drone motors with remote alone.

On Iphone connect to the Phantom network, it "checkmarks", but says no connection. Have tried with 2 diff Iphones.

Attachments

61.1 KB · Views: 165
Greetings! I live near Luke Air Force Base in Litchfield Park.
Welcome to the site. I look forward to this coronavirus thing clearing up and resuming “normal” life. I joined a drone club last year. Would you be interested in joining us when this all clears up? Let me know if you still need help getting that Ph3 std. to link to the controller.

On Iphone connect to the Phantom network, it "checkmarks", but says no connection. Have used 2 diff Iphones.

Daughter lives in Avondale so will follow up when it's over.

Attachments

61.1 KB · Views: 163
they see “No Internet Connection” under the network name and they think it’s a problem.
You nailed it. It looks linked on Iphone but get not connected
Note that in my last post I said “they think it’s a problem.” That’s because seeing that message is not a problem. It’s normal and nothing to worry about, though as I said it’s a VERY common question. I suspect it’s confusing for some because so many people think that “WiFi” is the same thing as “internet.”

Your RC’s WiFi (radio) signal is not an internet connection, so your phone is simply telling you that it has no internet access through that particular network. It’s routine and is what you should expect to see.

You can read more about it here. Cheers!

Last edited:
?”No internet connection” is a Good thing in the field. Less interference.
Go fly, do some more bonding. Good for the soul.

Reactions: Oso

On Iphone connect to the Phantom network, it "checkmarks", but says no connection. Have tried with 2 diff Iphones.
It appears you are connected via wi-fi, as it should. The No Internet is not an issue as several others have pointed out.

At this point you should have control of the AC via the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic