On a trip and received "required" firmware update at 11PM

Reaction score
OK, I just completed a second day of a 4 day trip with my drone and on day 1 I flew 3 times and today 5 times. I got into the hotel late and was doing the battery charge, video download, backup song-and-dance and when done I popped the uSD back in the drone, fired it up to format and check some gimbal settings, and don't you know I got a message in the Go 4 app about a required update. So, I do the update and as I'm watching the status I see it appears to have updates just about everything. When done I go back in to check my settings and sure enough I had to reset the camera etc.

No I hate the fact that this "required" update happened while on a trip as I would prefer to hear how it is before updating, but this came up as REQUIRED.

I guess I'm going to have to be real careful with my first flight tomorrow as I plan to descend into a canyon that would not be possible for me to hike down if something goes bad.

Anyone else see this?

Brian

No I hate the fact that this "required" update happened while on a trip as I would prefer to hear how it is before updating, but this came up as REQUIRED.

I guess I'm going to have to be real careful with my first flight tomorrow as I plan to descend into a canyon that would not be possible for me to hike down if something goes bad.
If you are so updating averse, why did you do the update?
"Required" or not, you could have ignored it and flown happily.
In any case, things will probably be fine as they are for most users after updating.
The fear of updating is greatly exaggerated on the forum.

As well as checking your settings like RTH height, enabling multi flight modes and camera settings. make sure you sign out of your DJI account and sign in again.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Calibrate everything you can before you fly. When I had a “required” update she didn’t fly right until I had calibrated imu, compass, remote control and gimbal.

There really should be no need to calibrate anything after a firmware update.

It may have been coincidence that the bird would not fly straight after the update and flew fine before. Whether there is a need or not, I can assure you my routine will be to re-calibrate everything after a firmware update, need or not, it can’t hurt.

It may have been coincidence that the bird would not fly straight after the update and flew fine before. Whether there is a need or not, I can assure you my routine will be to re-calibrate everything after a firmware update, need or not, it can’t hurt.
There should never be any need to calibrate your compass under normal flying circumstances and there's nothing about a firmware update that should require recalibrating anything else.
If it was important you'd expect DJI to advise it in their update instructions (and they don't).
It's much better to understand what's going on and only mess with recalibrating if things need it rather than just doing it imagining it will act as a magic fixit.

There should never be any need to calibrate your compass under normal flying circumstances and there's nothing about a firmware update that should require recalibrating anything else.
If it was important you'd expect DJI to advise it in their update instructions (and they don't).
It's much better to understand what's going on and only mess with recalibrating if things need it rather than just doing it imagining it will act as a magic fixit.

Strongly agree, in my case I only made calibrations when I bought it, a year ago. I have made each one of the updates that have come out and I have continued flying without problems. In some cases the takeoff indicates me compass error, change site for takeoff and ready. Do not obese with the calibrations unless you ask for it clearly. Phanton 4 pro + Sorry for the Google translation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4