Old / New motor dilemma

New batteries so I'm running them to about 50%. I've honestly made only twelve flights so far. I'm looking forward to tomorrow though it'll be a bit chilly.
Now, I have much more flight time on my helis, 500, 600 and 700 size.

Check my above post and link....my memory may have been from some other post about separate boards...the link says:

"DJI has made slight modifications to the Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced that help improve production capacity to meet the growing demand of the Phantom Series. "
This statement may be correct. My point is that could have been achieved even with the old motors too.

Reactions: NCFlyGuy
Were old motors not as cost effective? They appeared to be "beefier"
Statement is talking about production capacity. I can understand if 4 ESCs get part of the main board, that will ease production but replacing one motor with other will not change the production process.

Whatever the reason be, DJI confused all of us.

Statement is talking about production capacity. I can understand if 4 ESCs get part of the main board, that will ease production but replacing one motor with other will not change the production process.

I tend to agree, but it could relate to the motors or controllers themselves, not sure who makes them... I am only speculating myself....

I have 22 flights 5.5 hours so far everything has been amazing...

I just fly down to whatever....I have worked with lipos quite a bit and have my own set of rules...can share those later....

You are correct Sir, I am confused by this move by DJI.
At the end of the day I suppose, it really doesn't matter so long as everyone is happy with their purchase and its use.

Go ahead and traded in for a brand new one! Why not? You get a new and improved motors with more efficiency and less heat, longer flight time. You get a brand new B controller which is better than older A type. You also get a brand new battery. This is a no-brainer!
There are pros and cons to both controllers. One is not over all better than the other. Also, any difference are very minor and don't affect the use of the Phantom.

I tend to agree, but it could relate to the motors or controllers themselves, not sure who makes them... I am only speculating myself....

I have 22 flights 5.5 hours so far everything has been amazing...

I just fly down to whatever....I have worked with lipos quite a bit and have my own set of rules...can share those later....
Which version do you have? As far as batteries go, helicopter batteries tend to be much more expensive so I am naturally more cautious with them. I'm not saying the phantom batteries are cheap, I just don't want to over do it.

If you are stressed then go for new motors but it's your choice. I believe that there must be a definite reason why DJI went for new motors and shells and ESCs.
But DJI have never said what their reason for changing the motors was.
Since the originals work perfectly well, it could well be cost or changing suppliers.
No-one knows and everyone is only guessing.

There's some confusion here but I'm not sure it's come from DJI.
The P2 series had the ESCs separate from the main board.
But the P3 series has always had the ESCs integrated into the main board.
That has never changed.

For anyone wondering about new/original motors, there's nothing wrong with the old motors and the new ones don't magically make your Phantom do anything significantly faster, longer or better.
They are just different and both are just fine.

But DJI have never said what their reason for changing the motors was.
Since the originals work perfectly well, it could well be cost or changing suppliers.
No-one knows and everyone is only guessing.

There's some confusion here but I'm not sure it's come from DJI.
The P2 series had the ESCs separate from the main board.
But the P3 series has always had the ESCs integrated into the main board.
That has never changed.

For anyone wondering about new/original motors, there's nothing wrong with the old motors and the new ones don't magically make your Phantom do anything significantly faster, longer or better.
They are just different and both are just fine.
They have stated the reason for the change, it's as you mentioned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers