Ok to use rechargeable batteries in the transmitter?

Reaction score
I wanted to buy a four pack of rechargeable batteries and replace them every year. Would this be ok to do?

I know rechargeable batteries have a limited life cycle

I use NiMH rechargeable AA batteries in my transmitter and have no problems.I'd recommend using low self discharge NiMH rechargeables, they usually have a lower capacity but last longer than the ones with high capacities provided they are charged correctly and, as the name implies, have a lower self discharge rate.

I pay under $15 for 48 double AA's that last around 7 months and average 20-25 flights a week.

No issue with using them, but a set of lithium AAs will last you 100+ flights before needing to be changed.

The TXs use voltage regulation, so they extract the best out of any battery. Just remember that NiMH and NiCad batteries start at 1.2V and conventional non-rechargeable batteries including alkaline and lithium start @ 1.5V. This may not sound much, but it is why they last longer than rechargeables.

noiseboy72 said:
No issue with using them, but a set of lithium AAs will last you 100+ flights before needing to be changed.

The TXs use voltage regulation, so they extract the best out of any battery. Just remember that NiMH and NiCad batteries start at 1.2V and conventional non-rechargeable batteries including alkaline and lithium start @ 1.5V. This may not sound much, but it is why they last longer than rechargeables.

Agreed no probs with rechargeables .

But:
+1 to Lithiums in the Tx, Lithiums also in the spares/travel kit. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl