ok, if it just had ground station I would buy one

Reaction score
After reading all the stuff, I guess I am almost sold on P3, the absence of GS is a deal breaker, to bad :(

After reading all the stuff, I guess I am almost sold on P3, the absence of GS is a deal breaker, to bad :(

Does it not have waypoints? How is that different from groundstation

I can't believe way points is a deal breaker. You must seriously limit yourself in your flying enjoyment? It's looking like the best flying camera on the market due to specs, size and price.
Edit: And by a long way!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kasra A and Meta4
I can't believe way points is a deal breaker. You must seriously limit yourself in your flying enjoyment? It's looking like the best flying camera on the market due to specs, size and price.
Edit: And by a long way!
After flying around within range it gets boring, I want to go out there and see what I can't see

After flying around within range it gets boring, I want to go out there and see what I can't see

I've had this fear of letting my Phantom get very far away since I got my +v3. Something interesting has happened since I preordered my P3P - it seems to have freed my mind from the fear of flying too far away! Weird, I know...but yesterday I flew up to 200+ feet and 400+ feet away! Ridiculously brave and reckless of me, I know! Today I'm going to double that distance, and over salt water!

I get braver the more I fly. Going farther seeing more. I just now ordered the itelite antennas so I will go even farther and see even more. I now will be able to go as far as the P3 so don't see a need for the P3. My P2V+ V3 seems to do about the same things.

I've had this fear of letting my Phantom get very far away since I got my +v3. Something interesting has happened since I preordered my P3P - it seems to have freed my mind from the fear of flying too far away! Weird, I know...but yesterday I flew up to 200+ feet and 400+ feet away! Ridiculously brave and reckless of me, I know! Today I'm going to double that distance, and over salt water!

I've got over 100 flights and about 70% are ground station.

I get braver the more I fly. Going farther seeing more. I just now ordered the itelite antennas so I will go even farther and see even more. I now will be able to go as far as the P3 so don't see a need for the P3. My P2V+ V3 seems to do about the same things.

What's so cool about GS is non line of site flights, forest, hills, buildings or anything that blocks you. Heavy forest in my area limit line of site. Yes, I ordered itelite first day to replace my stage 2.

While I’m not ready to jump on the P3 bandwagon just yet since I’m nervous it will be more of a DJI ROLLERCOASTER, I do have to agree with the OP. Not so much that it’s a deal breaker since I’m sure it won’t take developers like Ken long to take the app WAY beyond what DJI can, but that it makes flying beyond radio control possible without having to spend more than half what the quad costs for antennas!

I was able to do a 5 mile round trip flight using Kens Ultimate flight app with a completely stock P2V+V3. So GSSP I would suggest if ya have the $ and want the latest and greatest, don’t worry. It won’t take long for one of the developers to hook P3 owners up. There’s going to be a nice bit of $ to the first one to do it so I bet it will come along a lot faster than ya think.

It won’t take long for one of the developers to hook P3 owners up. There’s going to be a nice bit of $ to the first one to do it so I bet it will come along a lot faster than ya think.

This is what worries me, developers will stop working on and improving P2V+ apps and spend all they time on the new P3 apps.

This is what worries me, developers will stop working on and improving P2V+ apps and spend all they time on the new P3 apps.

I’m not so sure about that. Some of these guys treat their work like babies and don’t stop until it’s grown to the point that they can’t do any more to better it. Having said that it isn’t uncommon for older tech to be left behind. We’ll see but I’m not ready to throw my P2 in the trash just yet.
;)

Reactions: dirkclod
How far have u been with the stage 2? what is your average distance with stage 2?

**** far, over a mile, the problem is the narrow beam 5.8 Ghz helical, you must point right at the phantom, and at that distance or GS hell I can't see the phantom and lose it completely in GS. The itelite has a 40° beam width, should be much better.

I think as a group we tend to conflate technologies.
For those of us who have been waiting patiently for this release from DJI for its photo and video capability, we are as happy as clams.
For those most interested in setting altitude, speed, and distance records, this may not be the thrill of a lifetime.
For those wanting to send a drone on the ultimate ground-station "mission", this is probably not your stock solution.
I'm in it strictly for the photos and "point-of-view" videos, that require great angles (many only 30 meters up) but little in camera movement.
A $1,500 device will never be all for everyone; but this one is a jewel for those of us who want that one capability.
So I try to remember that others may not be buying this product for the same reason I am, but I'll never throw stones at the others .....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31