ok, if it just had ground station I would buy one

After reading all the stuff, I guess I am almost sold on P3, the absence of GS is a deal breaker, to bad :(
Here's a little inside info....I can tell you 1st hand a completely new app is being created from what it is coming out with.

Pardon my ignorance, but just what exactly is a ground station?
I'm assuming a method of telling the quad to fly to specific coordinates rather than be controlling it yourself. Why is that called a GS? I've heard of quads that you can just about trace a line with your finger on the iPhone attached to your radio to do that with. Not very "Ground" or even very "Station." To me that phrase sound like something very non-portable, just like a "Base Station" is when setup with Ham Radio etc.

I'm assuming a method of telling the quad to fly to specific coordinates rather than be controlling it yourself. Why is that called a GS? I've heard of quads that you can just about trace a line with your finger on the iPhone attached to your radio to do that with. Not very "Ground" or even very "Station." To me that phrase sound like something very non-portable, just like a "Base Station" is when setup with Ham Radio etc.
You just answered your own question. Ground station, base station is your phone or tablet that stays in the one spot and tells the drone where to go.

I don't think so.
A smart dev would make apps for whatever product still has a crapload of customers.. can't imagine all previous owners are switching over.. I'm not.

This is what worries me, developers will stop working on and improving P2V+ apps and spend all they time on the new P3 apps.

I don't think so.
A smart dev would make apps for whatever product still has a crapload of customers.. can't imagine all previous owners are switching over.. I'm not.

It's even easier than that:

A proper SDK would be 'the SDK'. Meaning apps designed around the P2 should be available for the P3, and vice-versa.

For instance, the 'Autopilot' app (which introduces Follow-Me modes) says it's only compatible with the P2V+, but I'd bet money it will work with the P3 (and Inspire, when the SDK is enabled for it) with just a tiny bit of work from the developer, if not automatically.

From what’s been announced and what we know right now, no. DJI is going to leave it up to someone else to do their job.
I don't think its that they want to leave it to somebody else to do their job. Its that it keeps the FAA happy if they are not selling a product capable of completely autonomous flight out of the box. (until of course the consumer modifies it with and app or whatever)

DJI calls it ground station, it is fully autonomous GPS flight to a planned set of way points

Reactions: Ezookiel
No, P3s will use the Pilot app which is currently used by the Inspire. That app does not have any GS controls at the moment.

That app is outdated, it will be used because that is all there currently is available. As I say a new app is currently in development. I'm not sure of the expected completion date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic