OH NO!!!

As I understood it then entire cargo hold is not pressurized and heated. Pets go in the part that is. I have had some nasty explosions of toiletries in my checked bags.
If it wasn't fully pressurized, that would put excessive loads on the structure between the pressurized and non-pressurized sections.

Luggage Compartment Conditions
According to PetTravel.com, luggage compartments are usually pressurized and heated on most major airlines that take pets as cargo. This climate-control makes the trip more comfortable for animals flying at high altitudes. The flight itself is typically secure for animals. According to Dog Law, most problems actually occur while the plane is on the ground.

Reactions: Falcon900
I have flown all over in the last ~16 months that I have had my P3P. Never had a real issue at any TSA or other border security and customs locations. A few people ask me to take it out of my backpack and turn it on ("I just want to see it have flashing lights and stuff" was the latest one last week). I carry it on. I bring 5 batteries (1 in the P3). The others are in a bag together. Never taped up the terminals - they are recessed so it would take a lot to short them out. Never had anyone question the batteries. We carry a lot of photography gear with us as well and don't get hassled about any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

FWIW I recently flew with a European LoCo and took four P2+ batteries in my carry on. I put insulation tape around each terminal but need not have bothered as nobody said a thing. The only hold up going through security was the guy asking loads of questions about the bird and was I happy with it.

As has already been mentioned to you above, you are not allowed to check the batteries into the hold but P2/P3 batteries fall well within the limits for carry on.

Enjoy your trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20