offshore dolphin

Wow how do you get your phantom to fly under water?

Just kidding, but seriously nice video. Never seen that many together before. Love the really low pass running with the dolphins. Noticed you don't have an FPV setup. How do you know what you're shooting? I have the Vision camera and want to upgrade to a go pro, but don't want to lose my FPV and it's so expensive to build an FPV rig from scratch.

thanks, that was the largest group of dolphin I've seen so far!

yeah it's definitely a risk flying over the ocean but the results are worth it.

I do have a fpv setup on my phantom with iosd but I don't have full confidence flying in the googles over the water yet with all that rigging to possible hit on the boat. we opted to fly my friends phantom that only has the gimbal on it.. just in case it went in the drink. we also swapped out the gopro midway as well, in case we lost it.

that's all pure line of sight flying and guessing on the framing. it works since the gopro FOV is so wide.

I'd suggest a p1 and gimbal to fly over the water like we did.. a p2 would be twice as expensive to lose! short flight times = swap batteries often!

dan

Very fortunate to have encountered that AND to have your Phantom there to catch it too. Great video

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik