Official P3 Range Leaderboard

No he found a new batt setup and did a suicide mission with the Terminator and P4...he flew 2 states over so hes just driving to retrieve the bird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flying over two states is class 3 fellany ,commerce travel,or something like that. He is rely in for it now. Not to worry ,I am with the Feds. I will get him out of this. Just have to find where they are holding him. o_O

Reactions: Digdat0
Oh well, tried to beat my PR that I made this morning 46837 feet.
I went %2 longer than I had planned. At %90 battery I had already gone 20000feet and was feeling good about trying to break this morning's record. Guess what? Didn't make it back.
Everything that could go wrong Did.
Wind changed on way back a little. When I was 7000 feet from home auto land started, so I'm thinking 7000 feet and %10 should be fine but then the video started cutting in and out to a point that it was useless so no problem, I used the map. Then the % dropped way too quickly as I was fighting auto land. It was 2800 feet from me and about 75 feet up percentage had dropped to %2.
I couldn't let it do auto land for about 2000 feet as it had to cross over a few houses, that's why I fought the auto land and by the time I was over the houses and 2800 from me, it was too late to let it land , ran out of juice and dropped.
Used Hd to find last coordinate and went and retrieved it.
Shell needs to be replaced and the 8pin gimbal ribbon cable. Camera was fine!!!! Ordered the parts, will be here Thursday.
What do people do when not flying the phantom???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I went %2 longer than I had planned. At %90 battery I had already gone 20000feet and was feeling good about trying to break this morning's record. Guess what? Didn't make it back.
Wind changed on way back a little. When I was 7000 feet from home auto land started, so I'm thinking 7000 feet and %10 should be fine but then the video started cutting in and out to a point that it was useless so no problem, I used the map. Then the % dropped way too quickly as I was fighting auto land. It was 2800 feet from me and about 75 feet up percentage had dropped to %2.
I couldn't let it do auto land for about 2000 feet as it had to cross over a few houses, that's why I fought the auto land and by the time I was over the houses and 2800 from me, it was too late to let it land , ran out of juice and dropped.
Shell needs to be replaced and the 8pin gimbal ribbon cable. Camera was fine!!!! Ordered the parts, will be here Thursday.

Get another P3 to switch with :)

Get another P3 to switch with :)

Dji has my other one as the ecs died on it, I replaced the motors but still dead. It still had warranty for 2 more days. We will see.
Thinking of getting a p4 but I have 4 moded batteries and 8 normals, got multi chargers, got too many other **** for the p3, so I'm thinking of getting another p3 but I wouldn't mind the p4, but I want to do long runs, normal flights now don't excite me anymore, but a moded p4 would be good, but but but but!!!!! Ahhh grrrrr

Oh snap, auto land at 7k feet out. I thought auto land from 4K out was hectic. Glad you found it though, sorry to hear it crashed. How did the multistar fair? You gotta post a screenshot for your 46,837 run too :)

I spend time analyzing flight logs and the data. To hit 40k, I did some math based in past flights and used that number as my target. Worked perfectly. I think this is more than an educated guess game, and like that angle. I also garden, we have a beehive too :)

Would like to see pics of the crashed bird.
I crashed from 200ft and the camera was OK, but main board was ruined. A cable inside the p3 was puled away from the board. I am on my third p3 now.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Lee SK
I have been reading posts & don't know what iam doing wrong? I have a P3P with a ite but I can only get 15200 feet out then I have to turn back. When I land iam at 7 % in auto land. How Dow I get more distance. I see others at twice the distance. Any help?

Oh snap, auto land at 7k feet out. I thought auto land from 4K out was hectic. Glad you found it though, sorry to hear it crashed. How did the multistar fair? You gotta post a screenshot for your 46,837 run too :)

I spend time analyzing flight logs and the data. To hit 40k, I did some math based in past flights and used that number as my target. Worked perfectly. I think this is more than an educated guess game, and like that angle. I also garden, we have a beehive too :)

Here's a flight with 7k autoland.

I have been reading posts & don't know what iam doing wrong? I have a P3P with a ite but I can only get 15200 feet out then I have to turn back. When I land iam at 7 % in auto land. How Dow I get more distance. I see others at twice the distance. Any help?
Aim and location play a huge role in it. How is you location? Wide open, no obstructions? How are you pointing your antenna?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's a flight with 7k autoland.
well ****. That's crazy man, I was a tad stresses just watching it and seeing the distance and battery left. Is that with the multistar 5200?? 40m with camera is impressive.

well ****. That's crazy man, I was a tad stresses just watching it and seeing the distance and battery left. Is that with the multistar 5200?? 40m with camera is impressive.

Yeah MS 5.2. This was the 3rd attempt. Previous attempts failed due to changing conditions mid-flight. Had to ditch 1mi and 2mi out before I finally got it. This time I knew I would make it but landed in the grass right in front of me just in case it died while landing on the asphalt. What do you mean 40m?

Yeah MS 5.2. This was the 3rd attempt. Previous attempts failed due to changing conditions mid-flight. Had to ditch 1mi and 2mi out before I finally got it. This time I knew I would make it but landed in the grass right in front of me just in case it died while landing on the asphalt. What do you mean 40m?
40minutes of flight time is impressive. My max with the horizon 5200 on a distance flight is 25m30s and 29m35 on hover. I'd love 15 more minutes of time in the air :)

40minutes of flight time is impressive. My max with the horizon 5200 on a distance flight is 25m30s and 29m35 on hover. I'd love 15 more minutes of time in the air :)
Oh hahaha sorry brain fart. Something isn't right with your numbers. Hover time should be less air time than flying. Hover takes more energy. Are you using a good DJI battery?

Oh hahaha sorry brain fart. Something isn't right with your numbers. Hover time should be less air time than flying. Hover takes more energy. Are you using a good DJI battery?
No worries man. The Dji battery was made in February, shows 100% life, is at 37 charges and shows 4385 mAh on HD. Maybe I need to invest in a new Dji battery? i thought it was my wooden props, but this was with stock props. I'm flying in the morning where it's pretty cool as well and very low humidity or wind. Been thinking of warming the batteries as well could help, I've not done that yet.

No that's not that bad at all. No major cell deviations in that DJI bat? Warming up wont do anything unless it's really cold. I flew 9mi 39:45 in 45 deg temps in the early spring. Something's not right. You verified voltage on the MS to 4.35v each cell?

No that's not that bad at all. No major cell deviations in that DJI bat? Warming up wont do anything unless it's really cold. I flew 9mi 39:45 in 45 deg temps in the early spring. Something's not right. You verified voltage on the MS to 4.35v each cell?

Sorry, to be clear its the 5200 split battery from HorizonFPV, not the Multistar 5200 straight up.

Right now its showing 17.40: 4.36, 4.34, 4.34, 4.36 in the 4 cells. And no, no cell deviations on the DJI battery.

I'm about 10-15 charges into the battery. Was hoping for more from it, and keep reading/hearing more from Horizon, I just dont get it myself. I'm hopeful that over time it will improve.

Sorry, to be clear its the 5200 split battery from HorizonFPV, not the Multistar 5200 straight up.

Right now its showing 17.40: 4.36, 4.34, 4.34, 4.36

I'm about 10-15 charges into the battery. Was hoping for more from it, and keep reading/hearing more from Horizon, I just dont get it myself.
Ahhhhh there's your answer. Split seems to do much worse than single. We've tested this very thoroughly back in the end of winter/early spring with the split DJI pack and then the split multistar. It just doesn't perform as well as in single 4S configuration. A VERY small amount of pilots have put up impressive numbers with the splits. It all boils down to resistance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94