Official P3 Range Leaderboard

No my p3A itelite maxx boosted with the multistar 5200.should have removed the CF battery trays that's 22 grams I could have left off.was going to go for a second try but after that first flite heart was still pounding.that flite was with a older Dji batt as well! Need a new p3 batt soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
Hey db, got the 5200s and the charger you told me to get. Question:
Do I plug in both cables from the battery to the charger or just the xt60? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey db, got the 5200s and the charger you told me to get. Question:
Do I plug in both cables from the battery to the charger or just the xt60? Thx

Like Max said, plug both XT & balance plug-in, place your charger on LIhv balance setting to 5.2amps your charger will say ending when it's done[emoji41]
Let us know how it goes

Thanks. I have it set to lihv 15.2v 4s. Plugged both the balance lead and the xt60.
Now do I choose
lihv balance
Lihv charge
Lihv fast charge

And how do I know when it is fully charged?
The display doesn't tell the state of the charge process

Thx

Thanks. I have it set to lihv 15.2v 4s. Plugged both the balance lead and the xt60.
Now do I choose
lihv balance
Lihv charge
Lihv fast charge

Thx

Here's a quick crappy video I just made, but I hope it shows what you're looking for. Most Chargers have the same four buttons
Dropbox - Charge instructions.mov
Your charger will shut off on its own when it's all done

Hey jake still waiting to be added?
Is this not your latest?

upload_2016-7-22_13-59-6.png

With all due respect, and not to get off topic but you should really read the manual a bit. Educate yourself with LiPos and safety. It sounds like you don't know much and these batteries can burn your house to the ground if you don't set your charger up properly. I charge mine in the stairwell of my outside basement entrance if I can't watch over them. Nothing but concrete and steel there so no risk. But really, if you set something wrong you could really blow the battery up and cause a lipo fire. I plan to build a battery bunker with a bag of sand attached to the lid so that in the event of fire, the bag melts and the sand extinguishes the fire. I suggest everyone check out these 2 videos... ESPECIALLY if you're running to 1% often. I also store my batteries in a 50cal ammo can with holes drilled to vent in the event of fire.

Now do I choose
lihv balance
Lihv charge
Lihv fast charge

Thx

I'm OK with preventative measures, but I've had two different LiHV Capable chargers and two different standard lipo chargers, none of the four would let me set any of my settings on a dangerous level, if I put it on the wrong setting it simply wouldn't connect. The only exception being say you have a 2000 MAH battery but your charger will allow you to go all the way to 6.0 amp. I could see a scenario where that would be charging too fast and dangerous, but if you just stick to the equation of charging at 1C an example 5200 mah = 5.2 amps charge. You should be fine. Again, I'm not criticizing your procedure Ed, safety first[emoji41] but none of my chargers will let me over charge the battery

a55dc8c9438f57f3237c34495661f0e5.jpg

I guess I thought I would be told more clearly when I only have enough battery to make it home but I did not figure that out until it was to late but landed safely 6000 feet away from home.

This is with a p3a with windsurfers
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
a55dc8c9438f57f3237c34495661f0e5.jpg

I guess I thought I would be told more clearly when I only have enough battery to make it home but I did not figure that out until it was to late but landed safely 6000 feet away from home.

This is with a p3a with windsurfers
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the club highflier! That's still considered a successful flight. It's a very talented, valuable piloting skill to learn, how to successfully emergency land. I don't think you can be considered a great flyer without that skill. Good job bro

With all due respect, and not to get off topic but you should really read the manual a bit. Educate yourself with LiPos and safety. It sounds like you don't know much and these batteries can burn your house to the ground if you don't set your charger up properly. I charge mine in the stairwell of my outside basement entrance if I can't watch over them. Nothing but concrete and steel there so no risk. But really, if you set something wrong you could really blow the battery up and cause a lipo fire. I plan to build a battery bunker with a bag of sand attached to the lid so that in the event of fire, the bag melts and the sand extinguishes the fire. I suggest everyone check out these 2 videos... ESPECIALLY if you're running to 1% often. I also store my batteries in a 50cal ammo can with holes drilled to vent in the event of fire.

Unfortunately the charger came with absolutely no manual, been trying to find it online. As far as the correct battery type, it it's self explanatory, lihv 15.2v and 5.2amps. It just wasn't clear how to start the charger, I found out you got to keep the start button pressed for 3seconds!!
But thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club highflier! That's still considered a successful flight. It's a very talented, valuable piloting skill to learn, how to successfully emergency land. I don't think you can be considered a great flyer without that skill. Good job bro
Thanks a lot it was my 3rd flight with the advanced. Coming from the standard the difference is night and day! I love it. Not to mention the controller is way better as well. Going from 1000 feet average to over 10000 is crazy! Definitely need a tablet now.

I'm OK with preventative measures, but I've had two different LiHV Capable chargers and two different standard lipo chargers, none of the four would let me set any of my settings on a dangerous level, if I put it on the wrong setting it simply wouldn't connect. The only exception being say you have a 2000 MAH battery but your charger will allow you to go all the way to 6.0 amp. I could see a scenario where that would be charging too fast and dangerous, but if you just stick to the equation of charging at 1C an example 5200 mah = 5.2 amps charge. You should be fine. Again, I'm not criticizing your procedure Ed, safety first[emoji41] but none of my chargers will let me over charge the battery

That's true that most have voltage monitoring and protection but I just like to be cautious with the batteries that I've beat up on.

These are some amazing flight distances.
I don't have screen shots but with stock P3P I've done 20,550 feet distance. Made it back with 1% battery. Was afraid she wasn't gonna make it back from that distance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna