Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Hey guys, I started a similar thread in the Phantom 4 group and had a few people asking about a P3 leaderboard. If you're looking for long range solutions, this will be a great thread to read through and get advice from people.

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was. This is for farthest distance away from home, not total distance traveled.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

Return Flights

1. dirtybum - 58,500 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. mohan - 57,572 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. Keith McCormick -
55,117 feet - Horizon Terminator Extreme, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. Ed209 - 54,287 - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
5. Lee SK - 52,406 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
6. Fanti - 47,198.7 ft - FPVLR Antenna, Battery Mod
7. Rueben - 42,781 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
8. FLPTFLYER 42,700 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
9. Pluto88888 - 42,180 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
10. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
11. Silverwingflinx - 41,091 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
12. Phantom751874 - 40,425 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
13. Fredz - 40,277 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
14. Digdat0 - 32,652 ft - Windsurfer, Battery Mod
15. Sputnik28 - 25,528 ft - Stock
16. Jtrjr - 25,209.5 - Windsurfer
17. Alan Russell - 23,439 ft - Stock
18. Phantomfreak - 22,324 ft - Windsurfer
19. tonyt76 - 22,044 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted
20. Zuzua - 21,541 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
21. DragonFly P3A - 21,291 ft - Stock
22. BranAlL - 21,113 ft - Stock
23. DennyBoBenny - 20,232 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
24. dirkclod - 20,206 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Birdside FPVLR dipoles
25. roy rokni - 20,053 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
26. DGitalChaos - 18,540 ft - Stock
27. losman26 - 18,350 ft - Windsurfer
28. MasterBlaster - 18,192 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
29. Rocketbrew - 16,100 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
30. D'sAdvanced - 16,089 ft - Stock

Suicide Missions (One Way)
1. dirtybum - 101,657.3 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. mohan - 65,500 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted
3. Ed209 - 55,075 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. Lee SK - 49,352 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
5. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna
6. Sputnik28 - 30,834 ft - Stock

Keith's World Record Flight
I am running the Ielite DBS atenna the rest is stock.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    648.1 KB · Views: 294
Hey Ed what do you use to display the gauges/stats at the bottom of that video? ??

Hey Lee. Yes, that was just single 5200. It was my first flight on that new battery. It was a crazy flight, at night and over water. Totally stupid now that I look back. My P3A gets some ridiculous flight times. It just goes to show that even with 40m flight time, you still need good conditions in order to set records. I think at the time, it was the only 9+ mile flight besides unknown caller. Check out the video. It's still fun to watch! Fighting a strong wind on the way out and hauling *** on the way back!
Yes! It's fun but amazing also. Please let me know that your P3 still flight for 39min with single 5200?
Today I have tested flighting with my single 5200 but I think that my flighting time is Max30min to 1%.
My P3 is a just Hippo drinking battery.
스크린샷 2016-07-07 오후 11.31.23.png

Yes! It's fun but amazing also. Please let me know that your P3 still flight for 39min with single 5200?
Today I have tested flighting with my single 5200 but I think that my flighting time is Max30min to 1%.
My P3 is a just Hippo drinking battery.
View attachment 59172

Order another one, I found one of mine is better flight time than the other on the same aircraft.

Reactions: Lee SK
Yeah what db said. I would also measure how much mAh you put back in to see how the battery is performing. I have a Multistar 4,000mAh that takes 4,200mAh. Some batteries are freaks while others are a little less than advertised.

Reactions: Lee SK
That's correct and that's why when I turn the amp on radio channel quality drops to"poor" in the aircraft status and all the channels up to 19 get a red marker, when I turn it off they all drop down from red and radio channel quality goes back to good!!!! But that happens to everyone's I'm told. Can you try and let me know if it does the same on yours too? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Normal until you get in the air and a little distance between you and the bird

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah what db said. I would also measure how much mAh you put back in to see how the battery is performing. I have a Multistar 4,000mAh that takes 4,200mAh. Some batteries are freaks while others are a little less than advertised.
I have put 5400mah. Is it Okey?

Order another one?

That's your call, but if your batteries put in 5400 MAH back in then you're doing all right. Maybe you're fighting high winds or other elements that us in other parts of the world or not and that's why you're experiencing 30 minutes. Or maybe just haven't charged/discharged it enough times. My very first 5.2 was only given 30 to 32 minutes on p3A , after 15 to 20 cycles it bumped it up to 34 minutes (could've been that the weather got warmer also)

That's your call, but if your batteries put in 5400 MAH back in then you're doing all right. Maybe you're fighting high winds or other elements that us in other parts of the world or not and that's why you're experiencing 30 minutes. Or maybe just haven't charged/discharged it enough times. My very first 5.2 was only given 30 to 32 minutes on p3A , after 15 to 20 cycles it bumped it up to 34 minutes (could've been that the weather got warmer also)
Thanks DB.... I have to charged / discharged it enough times and I'll use it more.

image.jpeg
Funny thing when I used to fly I have had 4 people give me grief about flying my P3.now with this tripod set up..it looks like I am surveying no problems yes I am!!! I am liking this set up more and more!!

Reactions: dirtybum
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
still need to cut down the inside conectors get rid of the loop and just have a bar type piece glue it in place.then shorten Velcro straps once i receive the 5200 multistar.protype this is old shell anyways.oooohhh ya I did some other mods to it as well cut the vents out!! Just to see if I can make shell lighter 4grams!! Okay it's been raining can't fly so I have time to play!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0 and Lee SK
View attachment 59295 Funny thing when I used to fly I have had 4 people give me grief about flying my P3.now with this tripod set up..it looks like I am surveying no problems yes I am!!! I am liking this set up more and more!!

That's funny you mention that silver, while I've never had anybody give me grief for flying, when I fly on the dead-end road where they're building the bridge in my neighborhood, I have had three different people ask me if I'm surveying[emoji3]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez